Page 162 of 181 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 162

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Dearest... I have recipes for nothing.
    But I have recently been updating my journal with the flavorings I throw upon my foodstuffs.

All steps... even the smallest, or those slightly backward so long as we learn something from them, count as steps in the right direction!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Interrupted mid-post. We've got southern Colorado pretty well covered for fires- got any up by you, Mud Flinger?

Cori- but you make the flavorings sound very interesting! And I am hoping that the baby steps will eventually (maybe sooner rather than later?) look like some actual progress.

I've had headaches the last couple of days, but it's not dehydration (I don't think), so I checked The Mood Cure. Yep- ALL of my supps can cause headaches if I take too much. And I have been taking a lot of them because if some will cure me eventually, then more will cure me faster, right? 'Cause I am heartily sick of being broken. So, I haven't taken any today and I'm still chugging along pretty good. I think it's time to re-think the dosages
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Mind listing out what you're taking (with doses)?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I think the problem was the L-Tyrosine, 500 mg, 4 capsules, then 3, then 2 (upon waking, mid-morning, mid-afternoon)
    But I'm also taking DLPA, 500 mg, 2, 2, and 2
    L-glutamine, 500 mg, 2,2,2
    5 HTP (the other probablility) is 50 mg, 3 and 3 (mid-afternoon and before bed)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

I would probably pin it on L-Tyrosine too. L-Glutamine seems to be safe in ridiculous doses (several grams). Not as familiar with DLPA because I only tried it once (couldn't sleep that night because of it).

According to this thing, your ideal L-Tyrosine dose should be 10x the 5-HTP dose. So you'd be taking 6 capsules total throughout the day (2-2-2). I'd like to read more from this Dr. Dan Kalish.
    Safe Use of 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine

That's what I started with, but I upped it because now I'm getting annoyed with this whole semi-functional thing, and it's for energy. So, yeah, I think I'm taking today off, too, just to be sure, but I'll go back down to a reasonable dose tomorrow

Ah, DLPA is what I'd up because of the effect it had on me, but seems like you're taking plenty. Hmmm... What about a B-complex? Food is probably the other part of the equation. This stuff never really works as well for me when I'm eating off-track.

I am taking a B-complex and I'm trying to be good about food. Speaking of- I need to go eat something. I think a big part of it at this point is that I've been all but bed-ridden for months, so now that I'm fixing the brain-lethargy, I'm coming up against the body-lethargy. That is a little tougher to fix, but I'm working on it

I hope that did not seem scolding! I know you are doing what you can right now, and that is great. No pressure from me, absolutely! Hell, I'm no example, I had gnocchi last night because PMS got the best of me.

Not scoldy at all! You've done a lot more research into this stuff than I have

I think I do still need the supps, though, because after two days of none, I woke up yesterday, had breakfast, watched the morning update, and fell back asleep It's overcast today, so I'm moving slow, but I'm not going to complain about the clouds, today!