Page 160 of 181 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 160

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Doc only knows the "man" version... you know, the one where they fall down and disappoint us floozies.
    Thank goodness I don't drink To-kill-ya..... I hate being a disappointment....

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Lol- this is about 40 miles east of the Springs- which means out into prairie. Which means big and empty. She said a couple of times "It might be too far, a lot of people complain about the gas." Lady- let me worry about the drive and you worry about having horses for me to play with when I get there . . .

The Springs is beautiful country. I have a DIL that used to live up in Divide... I visited her a couple of times, and for a fat flatlander (me), it was a headche waiting to happen. Her BIL took me up to the Continental Divide, and the elevation was 11K feet... snow on the ground in June or July and a bloody headache from hell. Great people, great visit..... won't be going back anytime soon though, as DIL moved from the Springs.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    When I first moved here, people kept asking me if I was ok with the altitude and telling me it would take a couple of months to adjust. I really didn't have an issue with it, though. I do get headaches sometimes, but I chalk that up to dehydration. Used to get them in Maryland, too.

And, hang on, if I remember your picture correctly- I'm not sure "fat" is so very applicable to you anymore, buddy!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    When I first moved here, people kept asking me if I was ok with the altitude and telling me it would take a couple of months to adjust. I really didn't have an issue with it, though. I do get headaches sometimes, but I chalk that up to dehydration. Used to get them in Maryland, too.

And, hang on, if I remember your picture correctly- I'm not sure "fat" is so very applicable to you anymore, buddy!
    you must have faulty memory..... change battery immejiatley..... thanks, but I'm not where I want to be.... at least another 30 to go.... THEN I won't be "fat" anymore....

I get not being where you want to be. Only 30#, though? Totally doable
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Breakfast was beef jerky. Not great, but I was kinda out of food. Went to yoga- I need to make a more concerted effort to engage my core, even if i'm modifying the hell out of half the moves. Came home, had a quick lunch, and fell asleep. I guess the last couple of days took more out of me than I thought. Tomorrow should be busy, too, so I was ok with having a mostly down day today. I forgot all my basic supps (vitamins and such) but got in all my extras, so, close enough. Food wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. Now it's time to go salt my wounds. (Salt bath on eczema. Fun, but effective.)

Well, it was super windy and looking like rain out in East Bumfuck yesterday, so horses were canceled. But I did get in about an hour of yard work. Not strenuous, but it was movement, and with a tank top and capris (you have no idea how sexy I looked) I did get a good amount of sun. Then I went to dance class and had to watch myself in the mirror because we were working on body movement instead of steps. I hate mirrors.

It was rough peeling myself out of bed today, but I did make it to yoga. Unfortunately, my right foot has decided that it hurts for no apparent reason, so yoga was less relaxing than usual. But at least I went. It's wicked overcast today, and chilly, so I think it's going to be a slow day for me.

Lunch and dinner were bad, but I did go and write for a while.

I hate being so damn reliant on the sun. It was overcast all damn day (without rain, of course) and that just did me in. Just one day of it. Gah!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Funny. I loved the weather yesterday. I have been getting lots of sun gardening lately

I have occasional days when something like that is a soothing change, but yesterday was not one of them. I do best when it's either sun or precipitation. If it's neither, it gets to me.