Page 157 of 180 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1800

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 157

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Yesterday was a low-function day, but I got in decent food (except for the GF pizza last night, but, eh) and all my supps. I even knocked out a blog post to go up at some point in the future. Did you know we only have about 60 years left of soil for agriculture? Scary.

I skipped yoga this morning, but the plan is to get in some gardening today, so that should account for my exercise. As much as I hate killing trees, those damn aspen sprouts have got to go. I'm trying to grow grass, damnit! They'll replant themselves soon enough, anyway. Aspen are not suited to being an accent tree. They like groves, and they're willing to make one, if that's what it takes.

Just had breakfast- bacon and eggs- and all my supps up to this point in the day, so it's a good start. Now I just have to decide if I want to garden now, or go write during the heat of the day and garden a bit later. That might be the way to go, since I'm still a bit blue-white from winter.

Oh- or go get more plants, first . . . That might be my first stop. What good are tomatoes without basil?
    when you say things like that it makes my inner aluminum hat wearing nutball want to be entirely self sufficient with cows crapping on the fields and rooms full of guns to fend off the hungry cannibals that will be attacking because i grow food and have steaks on legs
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    That's more or less my long-term plan, actually. Recently I asked a friend (who's had about a zillion useful-type jobs, so he knows stuff) if I could invite him to live in my compound when I get it set up. I think he thought I was kidding . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I compost everything that is compostable and piddle with growing a few veg here in my yard... but not exactly a lot.
    A few cherry tomatoes, a squash, herbs.
    Perhaps my tiny little plot will get larger... It is just this year back in use from a hiatus since I didn't put anything at all out for a few seasons (we have 2 full but weird/warm seasons a year here) being addle headed.

But my money does vote loudly at the market though.
    Organic produce whenever possible, local and organic when possible too, and the same with meats and dairy... also adding in some meats that we hunt/fish ourselves.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

We're working on composting more. We're pretty good about our kitchen scraps. The yard scraps are a little tougher, since everything is so dry, and I, ah, forget to water things

I just got permission from my roommate to get a small chest freezer so I can preserve more from the garden (fingers crossed on a better turn-out) and buy my meat in bulk. As soon as I have it, I'm going to see what I can do about buying 1/4 cow.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Got in the tomatoes, peppers, some herbs, one pumpkin, and a squash. Now I just need to figure out whether I want to do the root veggies in the garden at the house, or at the one with the automatic waterer

Food wasn't so hot, but I got some movement and sun. Just FYI- don't forget to change into conventional sneakers before turning over your garden plot. Barefoot shoes aren't very helpful.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    when you say things like that it makes my inner aluminum hat wearing nutball want to be entirely self sufficient with cows crapping on the fields and rooms full of guns to fend off the hungry cannibals that will be attacking because i grow food and have steaks on legs
    And whats wrong with that??? <adjusting his tin foil hat> I LIKE my guns! and chiken poop in the field.... OK, I don't have cows YET.....

I still need chickens and guns. I'm so far behind the nutball curve!

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I still need chickens and guns. I'm so far behind the nutball curve!
    If you get chickens, that will help your compost pile grow.... I compost all of the bedding from the chicken houses, and chickens are prodigious producers of poop....

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    It takes a lot of effort not to wear mytinfoil napoleon captain hat daily so i could learn to be content with one gun and not making use of every bit of organic matter at all times every day in preparation of the nigh apocalypse

however my cows will poop everywhere on the off season
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    It takes a lot of effort not to wear mytinfoil napoleon captain hat daily so i could learn to be content with one gun and not making use of every bit of organic matter at all times every day in preparation of the nigh apocalypse

however my cows will poop everywhere on the off season
    They don't poop during the on season?