Page 152 of 181 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 152

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I think for the most part our bodies can do far more than we give them credit for. You can handle a farm job. Sure, you will be sore for a week or three, but I'd be willing to bet you'd be tossing 50# around easily in no time.
    And... that's why you are prepping yourself with awesome yoga body weight exercises now.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Thanks you guys They used to yell at me when I worked at the bank because I wouldn't ask for help with dumping buckets into the coin machine. Just because I'm wearing heels doesn't mean I can't do this . . .

I weighed and measured this morning. 250#, and down a total of 2". The measurements could be accounted for by measuring the wrong lumps, so, meh, but I LOOK better. Probably due to this little thing called posture I also woke up this morning wanting to re-start Convict Conditioning- and I did. At the very freakin' beginning. But I did it. So, things are looking in the upward direction at the moment

Off to squish some veggies!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    sounds like the start of a good day. Have fun veggie squishing.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Note to self- big garlic cloves are not always a good thing when it comes to food. Or at least to juice. That one's going to be a nose-holder. But it will be lotsa healthy

Mud Flinger- was it you that suggested the apples and lemons? Way yum! Throw in a wedge of red cabbage and the flavor doesn't change much, but it's a lovely fuscha for pink lemonade
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Yep- that was my input. Glad ya like it. The cabbage addition is brilliant. Never thought of that.

It was one of those "I wonder what this will do" things. It went better than the garlic one

Ok, I think my body has had it with the fasting thing. It's getting pissy now. So- still want to have at least one juice a day, but there will also be chewable food. Specifically, fats and proteins. I almost went to the grocery store, which would have resulted in chips along with whatever meat product I got, but the hunger was held at bay with some tuna and tea. Not brilliant, but healthier than what I would have gotten.

After feeling like hell (mentally) and therefore eating like shit for a couple of days, I really expected to be back up to that damn 255, but I weighed in at 250# this morning. Sweet. Also, I'm back on the real holes for this belt. (The bigger ones were punched at Thanksgiving when I bought pants that fit which showed my that the belt was too small, too.) Since today confirmed that the mental issue was me being a silly female, there might even be a few more pounds coming off, and I'll be able to mind my eating for a while before it goes off track again.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    sounds like you are back on track
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Yep, for the moment. And looking forward to some juice when I get home

I'm off track. And back up to 255.

The following rant is totally not about the PB, but I need to say it somewhere:

God- reading about feminism and abusive circumstances everywhere is making my head hurt! And my soul hurt! Can't I go back to my happy little made-up world where shit like this doesn't happen and doesn't matter? Where Xander is confused and a bit of a turd, but really pretty harmless? Where nice guys are nice guys, not Nice Guys that are just trying to get one over on you? I don't LIKE having to deconstruct everything I see and watch and read for the social commentary and how it portrays women. (For anyone who has read Tess of the d'Urbervilles- Screw you Angel Clare. Screw you. And he's supposed to be the good guy.)

I read The Feminist and the Cowboy for help with the power dynamics in a world touched by reality. Oh my god- with the way she describes the men that she found "acceptable" during her "feminist" days, no wonder she was bored! They bored me just reading about them! But in a world where Men Are Bad, then finding safe (read, spineless) males is important. The backlash being that she ended up with a guy that basically was everything she was warned against (and expected a manly man to be) because she wanted something different. She got it, all right.

So these are our choices, huh? Big and bad and bad for us or spineless and sweet and about as exciting as a wet noodle. Dear god. Shoot me now.

I haven't finished Tess, yet, but at this point, I honestly like Alex better than Angel. He's an asshole and a user, but at least he's up front about it. Angel is all sorts of holier-than-thou, yet engages in the behavior he shuns Tess for. Way to set the bar high for men, there, Hardy. On the other hand, Ana being a fan of Tess does help explain how she sets her criteria for men. As for Tess herself, I can't help but compare her to Lizzy from Pride and Prejudice. Is it a class thing that makes them so different? Or a male vs female author thing? I was about to say I couldn't think of any of Austin's females that are that innocent to the point of idiocy- but then I remembered Kitty and Lydia. And I suppose if Lizzy hadn't been a virgin, Mr. Darcy would have rejected her as well.

Get out of my head, thoughts!!!! *headdesk* I don't want you any more!