Page 151 of 181 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 151

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't like being this hungry. I ended up at about 4000 words yesterday, and my characters woke me up this morning with about 800 more. I had a busy, productive day (I can now knit the toes for socks) and it's great to have productive days happening consecutively. I also stepped on the scale tonight and it said 250#. That's awesome. But oh my god I'm huuuuuungry! Veggies never filled me up that well before I got fat-adapted, and now there's no chance.

One more day. Just juice (and coffee with cream). If I do one more full day, the scale will go under 250# where it hasn't been for months. Then I can treat myself to a luscious steak dinner. Or lunch. Ooh, or breakfast.

I've always suspected that I'm more carniverous than average. I am more confident than ever with that statement.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Steak, delicious STEAK.
    That is a good carrot to dangle.

*hugs*
    If you want one more day, you CAN DO one more day.
    Yes you can.
    I'm rooting for you, and your numbers, and your hunger to let you off the hook a bit too...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 Guest
    Good luck with the juice today. Eyes on the prize...

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Paleobird & seaweed are doing an experiment in carnivorous eating. Might be something you're interested in for after the juicing?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Ok, so I'm feeling better about it this morning for a few reasons. I'm not really much of a morning hunger person, so I'm just not as hungry. The scale said 149# this morning, and it hasn't said that in I don't even know how long. I went down a hole on my belt, and I buttoned a shirt I didn't know I could button. So, it's working.

A couple of things also occurred to me. If I break down and eat some sort of delicious animal product, as long as it's good quality (not a hotdog) then, well, so? I just pick up the juicing again the next morning and move forward. I also remembered that I have some turkey broth in the freezer. Protein while remaining on the liquid idea. I might do that this evening. I know I don't function as well when I forget to have protein, so maybe giving in to it isn't such a bad idea.

For the scale, the numbers are kind of -ish. It's not digital, so it wavers when I move and changes depending on how I'm standing on the scale. However, at the weight I am now, losing 5# would be essentially the same as a more normal-sized person losing one, so a waver of 1-2# doesn't really mean anything. (And by that calculation, I only need to lose 20 "pounds" instead of 100) By the time I get to the point that 1-2# does mean something, the numbers will be far less important than how I look and feel.

Wonder- I might look into that in the future, since I do have times when I forget to eat non-animal products, but since this is working at the moment, I think I'll stick to it until it doesn't work.

Thank you for your encouragement! It helps a lot!

(Cori- meaty things that dangle generally shouldn't be eaten like carrots . . .)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    What should they be eaten like... bananas?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Well, hey, some of them do come half-peeled

Yesterday afternoon all I could think about was food, and my writing wasn't flowing, so I took myself out to dinner. 8 oz steak, sweet potato fries, and loaded potato soup. It was good, but strangely bland after all my veggies. I woke up this morning and weighed 250#, a 1# fluctuation which is pretty meaningless. I had a juice this morning, then fell asleep again. Having slept the day away, I'm finally feeling a bit better. Maybe I was more sleep-deprived than I thought? I just got a cuppa tea with cream and honey, and I'm thinking I'll go out and get chewable food for tonight, then re-start the juice thing tomorrow.

The chewable food was of the fast variety. I don't even have a reasonable excuse. Unless my pants being in the washer, so a drive-thru was necessary counts? However, after the utter non-day of yesterday, today has been pretty good. Juice, coffee, and tea, only, and I got in some writing, only stopping because I had to get changed for yoga and pick up my knitting bag. If you're ever wondering about what gets talked about at a knitting circle- tonight it went from kilts to Picts to Smurfs and downhill from there. Awesome group

Unfortunately, yoga was more depressing than relaxing. I have lost flexibility, but I've lost just as much to the interference of extra flesh as I have to tightening muscles. We bend in half a lot and are then told to breathe deep. If I'm bent in half (or as close as I'm going to get) then breathing period is questionable. Breathing deep is not even on the menu. Now that I'm getting back into physical things, it's like I'm in someone else's body. I can feel my skin, and I can feel the muscles and organs and bones underneath, but then there's this other stuff in between that I only notice when it interferes with things. I think I want to get some sort of farm job this summer, but they are very, very physical. On the one hand, doing it will build whatever strength i'm lacking when I start. On the other, I KNOW how much work it is and how much it could make me hurt when I was in half-decent shape. Am I mentally healthy enough to put my body through that much abuse? I just don't know.

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    On the one hand, doing it will build whatever strength i'm lacking when I start. On the other, I KNOW how much work it is and how much it could make me hurt when I was in half-decent shape. Am I mentally healthy enough to put my body through that much abuse? I just don't know.
    I think for the most part our bodies can do far more than we give them credit for. You can handle a farm job. Sure, you will be sore for a week or three, but I'd be willing to bet you'd be tossing 50# around easily in no time.