Page 149 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 149

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ya. Posting at 5pm is much more encouraging than 4am! Have you been up all night when you no that? Get out in the sunshine today girl! I got about an hour Monday in just my undies (kids at home) and hope to repeat today. Any plans to venture north at all this week?

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    At 4 am, these days it's a toss-up between being up all night and waking up at 1 or 3 am and having my "day" start. (Sometimes I can roll over and go back to sleep, but not always.)

Yesterday I was doing a bit of driving about, so I got a bit of sun that way. Stopped to see a friend, and we were chatting outside for a while, then he asked if I wanted to come in. I didn't really. I wanted to keep talking, but in the sun Just at the moment, it's cloudy, but we always need the precipitation, so I can't complain. I bet it's the cold front coming to return us to winter, though.

Actually, I will be in Denver tomorrow. But the plan is to be at the stock show all day. Crap, I should get my ticket for the dancing horses thing in the evening. Aaaw maaaaan- just my luck that it'll probably be cold again tomorrow when I'll be up there.

Urg- I thought it was allergies, but I can feel the "uck" moving downward. I think I'm coming down with something. Luckily, I happen to have some turkey bones on the boil (on a side note, I had no idea that when I asked for the turkey carcass, i needed to specify that I wanted all the bones, not just the ribcage. Oh well, better than nothing.)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

It's supposed to be in the 60s here today but we shall see. They were off by almost 20 degrees yesterday. Enjoy your dancing horses. That sounds wonderful. I really need to find a way to make time for myself again!

I know what you mean about the sun. I crave it on my skin these days! Hoping it makes an appearance here today so I can bathe! You should too with the crud coming on and pop some extra C too. Broth, sun and C are my anti- crud solution.
    Last edited by Mud Flinger; 01-24-2013 at 07:12 AM.

It was disturbingly gorgeous for my day at the stock show. My coat stayed in the car, and I didn't even have to wear my fleece the whole time. What time of year is it, again? I spent most of it indoors, since it's supposed to be winter, so that's where they have everything, but I was smelling animals and looking at lots of cowboy hats and boots, so it was kind of mental sun

The dancing horses were awesome. Apparently, it's an annual thing. I recommend it if you're free next year. My first picture post is up now. Horses should be up tomorrow or Sunday. My camera didn't stand a chance during the performance, so I didn't bother, but I got lots of other horse pictures.

I was going to check out a horse rescue today, but I'm tired. 10 hours at a stock show will do that to you I'll see if I can visit them tomorrow.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

The weekend after the stock show was rough, but I'm slowly working on getting better again. This is a cross-post from the juicing thread:

"I just picked up a juicer (a $60 one for $30 at Target, if anyone else is looking) and had my first cup of it last night. It was . . . interesting. I'm going to see if I can do a juice fast for a week to see if it gives me the energy all the documentaries say it will. I'm currently oomphless, so I'm really hoping it will. Now I plan on taking it with my amino acid supplements and fish oil. Will the daily fish oil be enough fat to absorb any fat-soluble vitamins, or should I not worry about it?

I'm trying this because I'm sick and tired of feeling and looking the way I do, but food has almost zero appeal to me, so I'm not eating much and what I am eating tends to be more of the convenient variety, not the nutrient-dense variety."

I'm hoping for a few things. My official weigh-in is at 255#, which is what I've been at for what feels like forever. It's not going up any more, but it's not going down either, despite my lower food intake (take THAT calories-in, calories-out people!). A juice fast is a temporary change to my food rather than just "eating right," but maybe that's what I need to get myself back on track to start that number moving again. Secondly, my eczema and allergies are killing me. The eczema is popping up in new places, and getting ugly in the usual places. Because it is an allergic reaction, it and my respiratory allergies are probably caused in part by not cleaning enough, but I'm hoping a nutritional boost will also help my body deal with the insult of too much dust. Lastly, as I mentioned above, I have zero oomph. If this does give the energy/high that it's supposed to, then I can use that energy to do things like clean, and walk, and start cooking again. If I can start doing those things, even just a little, then I will start feeling better about myself again, which will lead to more positive changes.

Just checked out your new stock show post. Great pics! Good luck with your juice fast. I've been leaning more toward the Eat Moar Fat thread lately. That with a Kruse style lepton reset protocol. We'll see!

Glad you like! Not so many Clydesdales, but the Shires aren't bad, either

I probably should go the fat route, but that involves, like, cooking and eating. I did the super-protein-heavy breakfast a la Kruse for a while, and it did keep me full. Good luck yourself!

Yesterday I took my son to the museum of nature and science. We spent the whole day there and I skipped lunch while he ate pizza and an ice cream sandwhich ( big treat day - he turned the big 5 he day before). I was pleased that he chose the uber- expensive mighty mango juice instead of soda. I was surprised that I was not hungry. It's weird how the body works. After losing 100 lbs, my body just stopped and then put 30-40lbs back on. I did not cheat or change what I was eating! I may move less, need to work on that more, but the weight used to just fall off!

What do you plan on juicing? Will you eat any protein or fat?

Well, once you know what good food is, the soda just doesn't taste as good

The regaining really isn't fair, is it? Is there any chance you're not eating enough? At one point I did start gaining because I didn't understand the fat-adapted hunger signals and I was undereating. In any case, you're still at least 60# down, so it's still a win

I plan on doing mostly veggies and herbs with a little fruit. I want to do just that (plus my supplements and the occasional cup of coffee with cream) for as long as I can. We'll see how long that lasts I've already promised to attend a party and dinner around V-Day, so until then is sort of my goal. I may or may not re-start the fast on the other side, it depends on how it goes.

Beware that if you eat a bunch if " real food" after a week or so of not, you will most likely get some sort of GI distress. Maybe start eating a little meat and fat a day or two prior to the party to avoid the worst of it. Plus the fact that the food may be the party variety that can upset any tummy.

And yes, I am grateful to be much healthier and smaller. I think about the weight almost every time I pick up a bag of chicken scratch (50lb).