Page 148 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 148

canio6 Guest
    Good days are good. Let us know how it goes

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I only ever bothered with a B-complex, Tyrosine, and 5-htp as recommendations from the Mood Cure. The rest is really stuff you can get in a multi. Except maybe Magnesium? I forget. Anyway, I hope you figure out what works for you!

FYI, I went off 5-HTP for a bit last summer. Felt good. Might've backed off on the Tyrosine too. When my gut problems started in August (chronic constipation), my mood plummeted and I had to go back on. Since then, I've had to stay strict primal, and then paleo, because I'm now intolerant to dairy. I've felt so much better since then and am starting to back off on the 5-HTP. Striving for good health can only help your brain!

Have an awesome day!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    So, go figure, I wake up with the sun, think I'm going to have a good day, and my allergies decide today is a good day to kick my ass. C'est ma vie.

If I remember correctly, the 5-htp gets taken in the afternoon/evening, so I'll take that later. I'm guessing on everything else, but as long as I have it, I doubt any of the amino acids are going to do me any harm. As for the dairy, I probably should cut back/cut it out- but it just ain't happening. Not right now anyway. I'll do a whole 30 after I'm back on the PB regularly.

One meal down- scrambled eggs in beef grease- and I think I'm going to go get some greek yogurt and granola for lunch. Ok, not strictly PB, but wheat and HFCS free. And it tastes good, so it gets me to eat it.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

It's funny what we notice. I've been noticing teeth a lot lately. No doubt from the Weston A Price stuff. I just watched Star Trek Nemesis and was comparing Picard with his "clone." I couldn't help but think that they clearly had the same genetic potential, but the "clone" was never going to reach his due to lack of nutrition. The actor's a good-looking guy, but even when he reaches Picard's age, he'll never have that fully-developed, fully-adult look.

In other news- fucking ankles! It's supposed to be in the 60's this week, but now even if I was inclined to walk, I can't, since I just twisted my ankle. Nothing serious, just enough to piss me off and keep me off my feet. This is annoying on two levels- one- I was starting to feel better about myself and thinking about walking. Two- it wasn't THAT long ago that my ankles were strong enough that an uneven sidewalk wouldn't have knocked me over. Screw you, reality. Screw. You.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Twisted ankles are the suck - that's for sure! Best to stay off it for a few and lots of ice. How about a bike ride? Do you own a bike? I have found that depending on the way you hurt it, you may be able to pedal and so not be totally done for. If not, maybe just a nice spot out in the sun to knit?

Love the stock show parade pics. The minis are sooo cute. My favs are the clydsdales - furry feet!

I totally just had a dream about stuffing my face with gluten-free white toast slathered in butter. We're talking a dozen slices here. Which is an improvement over last night- a guy flirting with me and then telling me to shave my legs because they were scary. Hmph.

I don't own a bike, but I have been thinking about asking my roommate if I could borrow hers. It's been forever since I've been on one! I think my ankle isn't too bad, so just one or two days off of it should see me fine. It's been a while since I've twisted it, so I'm not quite so practiced at telling the severity

There were actually probably half a dozen or so minis in the parade. A drill team even had one for a mascot.

I've been planning to get a mini or two for years. I have never had horses though and still worry that stupidity could cause disaster. Plus I have enough trouble finding a house sitter with just the dogs and chickens!

Stupidity can cause disaster, but it can do that with dogs, or chickens, or anything else, too. If you are going to have them, though, for the love of all that's holy, give them a job. Just like dogs and children, they act better when they have a purpose and some discipline. Other than that, as long as you get a healthy one and don't overfeed it, you should be fine.

As far as house-sitting- depending on my job situation, I can handle dogs, and chickens, and ponies

We really do need to meet up one of these days. I suspect we could help each other with lots of projects!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For sure! And now that I'm getting back on a diurnal schedule, it should be easier