Page 146 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1800

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 146

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey - I checked out your hats. Love the rocks to display them. Nice colors too. Wish I wore hats! They usually give me a head ache or just bug the crap out of me. What is the parade you speak of? I thought the stock show opened Sat.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I missed that you'd put stuff in the shop! Nice. When the cash can be spared, I'll bug you about a blue hat (hmm or maybe a forest green). I like the tri-rib one, but I think that'd be too much purple on my head.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Schedule of Events - National Western Stock Show Technically, I guess it doesn't open until Saturday, but they're getting some of it out of the way yesterday and today. The parade was 1000 head of longhorns, plus marching bands, lots of horses, and tractors, being driven through downtown Denver. I should have a post up with pictures today or tomorrow.

Thank you for the compliments on the hats! I thought the rocks were a good idea- prettier than a mannequin head, and free, since they were in the back yard Mine are knit, so they shouldn't be tight enough to give you a headache, but I hear you about hats driving you batty! Now when I start putting up scarves . . .

I figured I'd get up as many different ideas as possible to see what people liked, then move from there. So the tri-rib one is a mock-up as much as anything. It's also acrylic, and you might prefer wool. (I do, but acrylic yarn is cheaper while this is an experiment) I could totally do a blue-to-green, or green-to-blue stripes or random dots with the tri-rib shape

In other news, I totally ate three times yesterday. Wow! Ok, breakfast was the last of my oatmeal (which, surprisingly, is better with butter than cream- maybe because it was Kerrygold), but second-breakfast was bacon and an egg, kale, and parsley scramble. Lunch was late and was pulled pork bbq with a sasperilla- because I could. Then I kind of passed out and that was it for the day. Hanging around outside in the cold can take it out of ya!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Saw the parade on the news. Bummed I did not know about it as my son was evacuated from school for a major gas line leak (private contractor broke a 20in high pressure natural gas line) and it would have been fun. So good for you to be out in the fresh air (ok fresh-ish - you should have seen the Denver air from my house) and looking at big furry critters!

As far as yarn goes, lots of people like acrylic cause most wool is itchy to them (me).

Oatmeal? Man, I forced myself to choke that shit down before I went Primal. It gave me heartburn, and then I went Primal, haha. Only way I could eat it was with lots of molasses.

Aaw! That would have been a perfect way to spend a surprise day off! I hope he didn't inhale too much of the gas before they got sent home- that's nasty stuff.

That's true, Grandma recently had to give up wool for the itch factor. I prefer natural fibers- are there any of those that don't make you itch? I just got this yarn that is a wicked soft combination of wool and bamboo.

Honey and butter/cream, baby. So the way to go I was also one of those people that lurved cream of wheat. Possibly because it was the carrier for milk/cream and brown sugar

I ate really early this morning, then had a nap, so I should probably get up and get some food for the rest of the day. Dang practical needs.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Faire lovers, ye may be with me on this- I thought nothing would ever make the Renn Faire appear normal. Then I watched All's Faire in Love. Wow- I had no idea the characters extended beyond the stage!

Moving on- had a great writing day yesterday. On the wrong story. However, it did give me an insight into one of my characters for the one I should be working on (thank goodness- she's becoming bearable). It also gave me insight into the kind of man I ought to be looking for. The four-footed hay-eating kind (I mean, if you really need a stable man . . . ) If only my ass fit into any of my winter clothes, I'd see if I could track down a barn now.

Sleep is totally inverted again, but food is not terrible. Not great, but not terrible. A perk of being up at sunrise, though, is it's a reasonable time to take my vitamin D, so that's happening a bit more often.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Faire lovers, ye may be with me on this- I thought nothing would ever make the Renn Faire appear normal. Then I watched All's Faire in Love. Wow- I had no idea the characters extended beyond the stage!
    LOL I remember my parents' wedding. Several (20+) of their friends from SCA showed up. They were very normal looking at the wedding but let their Ren out at the party the following weekend. Everyone in costume, authentic food, frankly it was awesome. Watching them get remarried by the king and queen rocked. They still have the framed marriage certificate above the fire place along with my dad's grant of arms.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I have considered having Boyfriend & my wedding at the local Ren faire. If parental funding is provided, it could be possible. I don't know if it would be weird for us to *not* dress up theme-appropriate (just wear whatever wedding clothes we wanted to).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I have considered having Boyfriend & my wedding at the local Ren faire. If parental funding is provided, it could be possible. I don't know if it would be weird for us to *not* dress up theme-appropriate (just wear whatever wedding clothes we wanted to).
    Wouldn't it defeat the purpose? If you are not going to dress up why have it at the Ren Faire? Or do they have nice facilities or something?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony