Page 145 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 145

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Lol- glad I could help you reassess your blessings
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I'm up in the middle of the night often too and I know how those hunger pangs and blood sugar swings can go. I just drink some water and grit it out. Are you knitting, watching TV or writing at night? I will start stuff after 4AM and just call it an early morning but will not generally do much more than some dishes in the middle of the night (you know the pot left to soak that you'd rather not face when trying to get the family out the door).

And yes, it is important to count our many blessings... I think it allows us to gratefully ask for what we need next to move along our path.

At the moment, I'm watching way too much tv and knitting. Well, just at this very moment, I'm mulling over/procrastinating about writing- but usually it's knitting Keeping my hands busy means that I'm not doing the noshy thing- I mean, a bag of chips will slow me down a LOT with the knitting- but that means I'm just not eating much at all. After all, if it's more complicated than a bag of chips it takes, like, time and effort. Boo.

Actually, I watched a couple of documentaries about juicing and now I'm wondering if there would be a quick, painless way to do something like that. I mean, 30 or 60# lost in a 30-day fast? (they were very large and male- even so that's a LOT of weight!) It would be nice to get the scale moving down again, and faster would be better.

For a little while I had a "grateful" journal. I should probably start that again.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Juicing is fine but I'm sure you know that it is by no means a long term solution. I have a big case of the winter ho hums myself. I say that if knitting is what you are into then go for it. Ya never know what or who it may lead you to next. I need to get out in the sun and walk more. Good luck getting resumes out.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    GAPS is probably the best paleo equivalent fast. You start off with just soups & broth. I don't think it would be 30-60 lbs in one month (that sounds really dangerous & unhealthy!), but once you get through carb flu & such, I bet you could lose at least 10.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    At the moment, I'm watching way too much tv and knitting. Well, just at this very moment, I'm mulling over/procrastinating about writing- but usually it's knitting Keeping my hands busy means that I'm not doing the noshy thing- I mean, a bag of chips will slow me down a LOT with the knitting- but that means I'm just not eating much at all. After all, if it's more complicated than a bag of chips it takes, like, time and effort. Boo.

Actually, I watched a couple of documentaries about juicing and now I'm wondering if there would be a quick, painless way to do something like that. I mean, 30 or 60# lost in a 30-day fast? (they were very large and male- even so that's a LOT of weight!) It would be nice to get the scale moving down again, and faster would be better.

For a little while I had a "grateful" journal. I should probably start that again.
    Yay I found your journal! I went to your profile but didn't see a link there. I guess that means there isn't a link on my profile either; for some reason I thought it would automatically be put there.

Knitting is nice, I haven't done it for years. I did love the keeping hands busy- but I never made anything. My mom would take the pieces and finish them. She would also start it for me. I just did the middle.

The juicing thing intrigued me too. One of my heavy coworkers tried it- bought an expensive juice machine & everything. I think she lost 5 pounds. I'm not sure how long she managed to stay on it, but it was very difficult. It sounds nice to lose the weight quickly, but as for me personally I would not be someone you would want to be around!!!

I was feeling grumpy toward my husband and started a thankful journal- I've never done that before. It really helped my attitude. I've been thinking of expanding it. I do think it helps change my mindset. I've never told anyone that before!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Equineaddict, since the journals are just threads, nothing special, you'll have to manually place a link in your profile or signature.

I find making gratitude lists is helpful from time to time. I don't do it regularly because then it feels like a chore. Boyfriend once made me list 10 things that I liked about myself. It was really difficult. I think those are wise to do from time to time too, and would be interesting to see how they change.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Equineaddict- welcome! I get to my journal by clicking on "Recently Started Threads" on the right side of my profile. You know, casting on and binding off aren't hard once you get the hang of them. Then you can make all of what you had been making 90% of

Hmm, maybe I should look into GAPS before I go shopping again. A 30# drop would be nice, just not realistic

Juicing is definitely not a long-term thing. Which is part of why I don't think I'll invest in a juicer Also, I'm a happier person with meat in my life- and after reading about amino acids and depression, I think I get it, too. The PB works, I just have to do it.

Thanks for the luck, MudFlinger. Now I have to get about the 90% persperation part of it I hear you about the sun. There's so much of it here! Yet still for so few hours.

I was doing ok with it for a while, trying to make it like a meditation, but it didn't stick. At the moment, I'm not sure I could come up with 10 things I like about myself. That would be a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I was doing ok with it for a while, trying to make it like a meditation, but it didn't stick. At the moment, I'm not sure I could come up with 10 things I like about myself. That would be a challenge.
    Shall we start the list for you?

How about the fact that you are willing to turn your life upside down to find real happiness? I think you may be avoiding resumes because there is the feeling that jobs will only lead to more crap. Great things as out there. You will however need to do a ton of work finding or creating them as you know and are currently struggling through.

Are you planning on visiting the stock show? If you do, make sure the horses will still be there. I went in the past to look at horses only to find that they are only there like the first week of the show. I think a nice wonder there would be good for new ideas and remind you of old dreams to motivate and direct you.

Oh my goodness thank you for telling me about the stock show! I am soooooo getting up in time to see the parade tomorrow! Because I can! Yep- this is about why I'm not super excited about re-engaging with the "daily grind."

You're right about how I feel about jobs right now. When I was thinking about the job thing in Maine, the idea of going to work for a corporation- since that's where the health insurance is- actually made me kind of nauseous. I don't think that's an indication it's a good idea for me to go back just yet.