Page 142 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 142

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It was the Maine version of a heated room. Best be wearing a sweater in the winter. The food was good, though. Including the creme brulee. Which is not helping my waistline but will be et again in the future. Yum!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    yummy, creme brulee! your aunt could forgive you, isn't that what being "born again" is all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    yummy, creme brulee! your aunt could forgive you, isn't that what being "born again" is all about?
    *snicker, cough, gag, laugh* Yup. Sure it is

I'm not really one for bumper stickers, but every now and again I'm tempted by "Born right the first time."

Stupid ** train tickets. I logged in to my computer this late because I thought I had to get them mailed to me, and I do want to head home this week. No, no. That is only necessary when I'm leaving from home, not from a city like Boston. I can pick them up right at a kiosk at the station in Boston. Dag nabit.

G'nite! (er, g'morning!)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

I want a drink. Well, a real drink. Not my cider. More than one drink. Then I want to go hide in my room for a week. I love my family. I do. But I'm so ready to go home now. I'm tired. I'm not up for this being functional for a couple of a weeks in a row thing.

However, the beach is a lovely place to be

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Hah, a true Mainiac at heart, if you're saying that at this time of year.

(I miss the beaches in Maine right now.)
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jacmac is online now Senior Member
    and there is no place like home !

As long as you dress for it, winter beaches are lovely Lucky for me, it was warm enough so the fact that I don't really have enough layers was ok.

The problem with "no place like home" is that I seem to have 3. Where my family is, where most of my friends are, and where the land feels right. Dang it.

Visiting sucks. You see family or friends that you haven't seen in a while and "How are you doing?" is supposed to be answered with "Good" or "Fine" or at worst "Ok." It's impolite to say anything else.

They see that you've gained weight, but it's also impolite to speak of that.

I AM NOT OK. I kind of wanted someone to ask about my weight gain because it is physical proof of the fact that I AM NOT OK. But no, that would be rude. Nor would it be polite for me to bring it up around most of them. But c'mon people. When has a 70# gain in 12 months EVER been a sign that everything is OK?

But no, with the exception of one friend, I was polite. Because that is what one does.

I'm so glad I'm going home tomorrow. I'm tired, I'm peopled out, I'm just done. I quit.

I'm putting this over here so as not to return Panda's journal to the 50 Shades of Twilight subject. I have recently switched Twilight teams. I am now Team Edward. After reading about Bella wondering if it would be enough if she gave the remaining shards of her heart to Jacob, knowing it would never be the same as it was with Edward (Oh, Edward!), but she would endeavor to make Jacob happy . . . The hell with this. Bella deserves Edward. Jacob deserves so much better!

Well, I was kinda miffed about the 12-hour layover in Denver, but it's not all bad. I got up a blog post, and later I think I'll be entering some of the stuff that had been handwritten for my story. I'm also going to get in a little wandering downtown (not much due to still hauling my carryon luggage), and I picked up a map and directory for wandering here in the future. I figure when I get home I'm going to lock myself in my room and be non-functional for a while, so I may as well stuff in as much function now as I can.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    I'm still on team who gives a flying rat's ass, but it is nice to see you are thinking about this so much. 12 hour lay over is the suck but hey, at least you are getting things done.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony