Page 140 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 140

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Well, the Mustang is a very new development (and I'm glad to see that referring to it as a 'Stang is a thing and not just me being weird). Please do not feel like you have to catch up on anything in my life haha, I am too verbose.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I'm not actually cool enough to call it that, but I do it anyway I bet you are, though.

I'm not gonna lie- I hit Panda's journal first, but I do plan on catching up on everybody's, eventually. It's just a little tougher to do when I'm not tied to my desk all day

Urg- I found myself doing that Primal Know-It-All thing. Dad, apparently, has been told he needs to lose some weight and get his cholesterol and blood sugar back under control. Anybody have any ideas on how to do that? Anybody? Mom has already dropped wheat and is so much better for it (despite now doing non-wheat baking), so the house has less wheat. They're doing less rice and potatoes, but I said if he dropped wheat and they switched from their new thing- steel cut oats- to bacon and eggs, it would help a lot. The next day I got "We know you know a lot about food . . ." Ok, I'll shut up. But I'm right, damnit!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Parents are the toughest - you know they've seen you do lots of crazy things over the years I think the only thing to do with them is to lead by example. Focus on enjoying the people. Lots of people asked what I was doing when home last week, but I doubt any of them will change.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    ~Stang indeed.

When I met dear Husband person, way back when, he was driving a dark green '95 Mustang 5.0 SVO "GT40" (more hp than the Cobra that year) with the added 3.55:1 rear end for a chariot. I called him my "Frog Prince".
    And his online moniker for email and such was (initials)Stang(#). He still uses that on some accounts.
    I swear that man would trade me straight up, and walk away with a smile, for a late 60's fastback!

@Miss drssgchic- you are SO cool enough.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Nooooooo! Being uncool is so relaxing. There's no stress about keeping up my image
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Greetings and salutations.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Greetings!

This is something that I'm sure none of you have any experience with yourselves, but being fat sucks. I think I gained the same amount this go-round as I did after college- about 70# at the moment. Unfortunately, starting at 150ish gives a different result than starting at 190ish. I've been so close to inert for so long that I didn't realize everything that was happening. Now that I'm trying to move again, ugh- the things I can't do! The calf attached to my bad leg has decided that any time I move, it will hurt. (It's bad when your grandmother asks you if you're ok because of your limping) Standing long enough to cook a meal hurts my feet. I can barely tie my damn shoes. For the first time in my life, I have fat feet! Anything I do is just difficult. I thought it was bad at 217- my last high. No- I had no idea. I KNOW that I need to move to get things working again, but the effort required and the pain it will produce is just too much disincentive right now. I'm finally getting why it's SO HARD for overweight people to do something about it. Last time I was at a high weight, I still had muscle. Not as much as I'd had before, but it was there. These days, I'm right in line with so very many Americans that have no muscle in place to build off of. I'm starting with a very, very blank slate.

However- I was right that coming to Maine would help get me back on track, despite the holidays. Unofficially, I'm down a pound or so since before Thanksgiving I'll be doing an official weigh-in tomorrow. It was also a little gratifying to put on a pair of size 24 pants and have them be too big. I am a 22, according to the jeans I just got, but I'm not a 24. Whew.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I have mobility issues when things are not right. The fatigue, the pain in my feet, for the most part. I've never been able to stand for long, but I didn't pay attention to that much when things were really good this summer. Lately, I've had some kind of inflammation going on, so my knees and hands hurt. The more strict I am with food, the better it is, so there's that, at least. Sucks when moving is hard though.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

For anybody that popped over to my blog because I posted here earlier, there is now a new post up.

That sucks that you're having mobility issues. I mean, I know what mine are caused by, and I know how to fix them- lose weight and gain strength. Not hard. Ok, not hard to say. It sounds like yours are probably a bit more difficult to get a handle on. It is good, though, that the food thing is helping.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's official. I lost weight over Thanksgiving. Last Wednesday (or maybe Tuesday- not sure) I was 260.4#, dressed, but post a small breakfast because I didn't think to measure until after I'd eaten. Today, dressed, but pre-breakfast, I'm 258.1#. While breakfast could be two pounds, I don't think mine was, so- woo hoo! And, wow, my eating really WAS that bad! This is even with pie and German stollen (wheat-based) and some chocolate and icecream last night!

Anybody else checked?