Page 137 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1800

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 137

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Writing? What's writing? Actually, I was up late last night working on yet another retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Because I needed another story. Other than that- nada. Hopefully I'll get rolling again soon.

Cori- Thank you for not snipping. I feel like the wrong parts of the world are whitewashed. Like the logical results of a story like Twilight or 50 Shades. Or Chris and Rhianna. Or any of the other fucked up ones that people hold up as "romantic."
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I was going to go back and >snip< all that... but what the hell... *shrug*
    It exists whether I type it or not.
    I don't think he will find me after all these years... and if he does, he probably should not attempt to come into my house. I'm prepared.
    my inexperienced impression is that people like that wind up in a ditch sooner or later, usually not reaching middle age due to their own stupidity or crossing the wrong person.

my thoughts are much more interesting without "d"s. my D key is sticking.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I dated a boy (he doesn't deserve the term "man") that tried being a controlling asshat. I'd like to say that he didn't win and we broke up because I refused to "behave," but that's only partially true. I honestly believe the only reason there was no physical abuse was that he lived with a man I consider to be my brother of another mother, and College Guy would've put him in a hospital or casket if he ever did (as College Guy told him repeatedly.) The one time it came close (I had done something that royally enraged him), College Guy helped me escape.
    Asshat eventually dumped me because I refused to kowtow to his whims if the matter was important to me. I was "too high maintenance."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I turned in my letter of resignation today. Today, tomorrow, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then I'm done. Thank god.

I actually asked my sup how one resigns from here while being scolded for being rude to an internal customer. And for not being willing enough to deal with people through THEIR preferred form of communication. Well if the twit had stuck with MY preferred form of communication, I would have gotten the information I needed without snapping at him. There is a reason I don't pick up the phone.

Naiad- thank god for good friends, right? I briefly dated a guy that could have become a problem, but my best friend hated him from the start and made no bones about it.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

College Guy was friends with Asshat (still is), but didn't like the idea that I was willing to date someone so explosive over such small things. (At that point, I didn't realize that I considered that type of thing normal, thanks to my childhood.) CG was the one that figuratively picked me up off the floor after the break up (I was 300 miles from where he lived, or he would've done it physically.)
    In a way, I hate how badly he got friendzoned by me, but by the time I realized he was interested, he was very much a brother in my eyes. The idea of romance with him was about as appealing as a romance with a piece of old tire. I asked him to stand as one of my two men of honor when Geek and I got married. Unfortunately, both he and Dallas Guy had to bow out: CG got violently ill the day he was to drive to the ranch, and DG got offered a new job (after 6 mos of unemployment) that started my wedding day. I told both of them to TCB and not worry about it.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

At one point I was tired of being single (and tired of my mom asking me about being single) so I asked one of my friends if he had any single friends. He thought about it for a minute and said, "Nope. They're all idiots." I guess it's one thing to be friends with someone and something else to think he's good enough to date a girl friend

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    College Guy was friends with Asshat (still is), but didn't like the idea that I was willing to date someone so explosive over such small things. (At that point, I didn't realize that I considered that type of thing normal, thanks to my childhood.) CG was the one that figuratively picked me up off the floor after the break up (I was 300 miles from where he lived, or he would've done it physically.)
    In a way, I hate how badly he got friendzoned by me, but by the time I realized he was interested, he was very much a brother in my eyes. The idea of romance with him was about as appealing as a romance with a piece of old tire. I asked him to stand as one of my two men of honor when Geek and I got married. Unfortunately, both he and Dallas Guy had to bow out: CG got violently ill the day he was to drive to the ranch, and DG got offered a new job (after 6 mos of unemployment) that started my wedding day. I told both of them to TCB and not worry about it.
    This sounds like so many experiences I've had - it really hits home! I was no good at being controlled either and thought nothing of violence. Reading what you have written makes me wonder if I may have "out crazied" a few of them. I am so grateful for my hubby as he is almost completely non-violent and I discovered early on that you can't fight with someone who will not fight back. His ability to shut down that side of me has saved me a thousand times over!

I know I have my own variety of bat shit crazy, enough to have scared off several prospective suitors. My sister has it too. I know ex dumped me because he couldn't dominate me enough for his tastes. If I didn't care about the idea, I'd do as requested, but, to hear CG tell it, it was more like water moving around a rock than the rock changing the course of the water. If I did care and didn't like the idea, he'd get shut down, usually with a solid stance, my arms crossed, and THE LOOK. There was something about that look that just scared the shit out of him. According to CG, it's because THE LOOK says " I don't have time for this shit. I will kill you right here, right now, and not even bother to reach for a weapon."
    My Primal Battle Tome

http://i.imgur.com/0Eq5c.png

What I wish I could have sent out as my goodbye today.

I got screwed by the "no exit e-mails" rule too. I wanted to say bye to some folks that weren't in the office and had to leave notes with those still in the office or call them. It sucked ass.
    My Primal Battle Tome