Page 136 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 136

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Depending on how many chips, dinner may not have been as bad as you claim. Wine is medicinal at this point, cheescake isn't that far off primal, cheddarwurst is a yummy treat - again depending on the variety - so sorry, you'll have to find another reason to hate yourself today

Lovin the rain we've had daily here. Kills my workout as I've not been in the pool for like a week, but saving $$ on water! Your gardens may not be in such bad shape afterall.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to drop this here in case anyone needs it:

Vegetarians - Imgur
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I have extremely sensitive skin, too, and am prone to eczema as well... on my face, too. Stress does it, as well as anti-bacterial soaps and harsh cleaners. Primal eating seems to be making it calm down a bit. Oh, and too much sunshine will make it flare, too.

I used to get it so bad on my hands... I'd have the blisters between my fingers, and they drove me nuts!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Miss Dressage...

A while back you made a post that mentioned some interest in a person who would read and offer feedback on some writhing that you were doing/going to do that involved some abuse or domestic violence of some kind perhaps.

No, I won't. I think you know why. Sorry.

However... I ran across a movie on HBO the other night that seemed innocent enough that ended up having some very clear and well written sociopathic abuser behaviors, and just as importantly the aftermath left by those behaviors and manipulations.
    If I had known exactly the extent of the movie before I started watching it, I wouldn't have... for me personally it was very unsettling (it'll be a while before I really sleep well again) even though I don't think it would be for most people. It's not terribly graphic... just very accurate in certain details.
    So... Give it a look maybe.

The movie is Martha Marcy May Marlene

Another one you can try for accuracy of more turbulent domestic violence is the movie .45
    (...though I admit that I have never actually watched the full movie. I did't know what it was when I started watching it, and it triggered me so badly I had to leave the room part of the way through it.)

I think there may be a lot of cheesy plot in it... all I could see was the control/abuse. *shrug*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Cori- thank you for the movies! I'll look into them for sure. I have a habit of not seeing cheesy plots when the story has something that interests me, so that shouldn't be a problem

I made a general announcement of my interest in readers that understand abuse because I figured anyone that wanted to would say so allowing those that don't to not need to say anything. Honestly, the last thing I want to do is poke at a friend's wound to satisfy my own curiosity/need for accuracy. That's what strangers are for I figured some people would come out of a situation wanting to uncover it for the world while others need to not re-open that chapter of their life. But I appreciate that you gave it so much as a passing thought

RaeVynn- So far it's avoided my face *whew!* I did figure out that part of the reason it got as bad as it did as fast as it did is that the all-natural wound salve I was using included Vitamin E. Apparently my family doesn't do so hot with Vitamin E. That's interesting about too much sun. I've never had a problem with that before. It's getting better- although the wheat I've been eating I think has caused it to re-flair.

I had my first dental appointment yesterday. Having fully half of your face numb is wierd. It wasn't too bad, overall. The other half is being done on Tuesday. I figure I'll give my notice next Friday. After that, I should be back
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Martha Marcy May Marlene was worth a watch. Strange and disturbing and very well acted. John Hawkes was also in Winter's Bone, which IMO is one of the best movies in years.

If you took Martha Marcy May Marlene and .45 and somehow edited/sewed them in to one single strange movie ... well... that is a pretty good approximation of several years of my life with an ex... manipulative sociopath/extremely violent/ add in some sadism.
    I didn't kill him at the end. But I did consider it very, very thoroughly... I decided that I couldn't because I had a child.

Sometimes I'm still a bit shocked that husband handled the aftermath of that without tossing me out on my head.
    I supposed he didn't because I ended up in treatment for PTSD.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    So how is the writing going?

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    If you took Martha Marcy May Marlene and .45 and somehow edited/sewed them in to one single strange movie ... well... that is a pretty good approximation of several years of my life with an ex... manipulative sociopath/extremely violent/ add in some sadism.
    I didn't kill him at the end. But I did consider it very, very thoroughly... I decided that I couldn't because I had a child.

Sometimes I'm still a bit shocked that husband handled the aftermath of that without tossing me out on my head.
    I supposed he didn't because I ended up in treatment for PTSD.
    Yikes.

Without having seen .45 ... Yikes.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Yikes.

Without having seen .45 ... Yikes.
    I was going to go back and >snip< all that... but what the hell... *shrug*
    It exists whether I type it or not.
    I don't think he will find me after all these years... and if he does, he probably should not attempt to come into my house. I'm prepared.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche