Page 134 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 134

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    D- chips (and not a little bag), some chocolates, some truly horrible pre-made "Friday's Mudslide" drink

My eating was terrible, but I did write about 2,500 words. In, ah, working title- Terrible I think I need to work on actually doing an outline for this one since I really want to see if I can get it published. To see if the world really is that fucked up . . . Actually- if I get it far enough along to need readers, I may be putting out a note to ask anyone who has been in an abusive relationship if they would like to be a reader. I want it to be accurate and, luckily for me, that is something I only know about through reading not experiance. Just a thought I'd put out there.

B- tea/cream, coffee/half and half, bacon and cheese omelette with cream cheese on top, garden-fresh tomatoes- Showcase 1 is doing well!

*pout* My hands hurt. I forgot what industrial soap would do to them since I hardly use soap at all any more. But washing my hands at the restaurant is bringing my eczema back with a vengence. Which is going to do GREAT things for my career as a server /sarcasm. I really, really, want to put in a movie (just got a Sam Elliot/Louis L'Amore- woo hoo!), stick my hands in a bucket of warm, salted, water, and cry until they stop hurting. God I hope getting away from the stress here helps them heal up some.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    *pout* My hands hurt. I forgot what industrial soap would do to them since I hardly use soap at all any more. But washing my hands at the restaurant is bringing my eczema back with a vengence. Which is going to do GREAT things for my career as a server /sarcasm. I really, really, want to put in a movie (just got a Sam Elliot/Louis L'Amore- woo hoo!), stick my hands in a bucket of warm, salted, water, and cry until they stop hurting. God I hope getting away from the stress here helps them heal up some.
    Could you bring your own soap? Also, if your hands are not getting too soiled, would you need soap at all? As a host you are not handling food right?

I have to sort the silverware after the first wash and before the second. There's usually at least a little food left on it that I have to get off, so I do need to wash my hands after that before I roll the clean silverware.

Actually- you might know this. Would they let me bring in my own non-anti-bacterial soap? It would be, like, baby soap. i figured it wasn't even worth asking, but do you think it is?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I have to sort the silverware after the first wash and before the second. There's usually at least a little food left on it that I have to get off, so I do need to wash my hands after that before I roll the clean silverware.

Actually- you might know this. Would they let me bring in my own non-anti-bacterial soap? It would be, like, baby soap. i figured it wasn't even worth asking, but do you think it is?
    As far as I remember, serv-safe just recommends hand washing with soap and water. I do not think it requires it to be anti-bacterial, but it has been a couple of years since I took the certification and my memory is shit. Your manager should be able to show you the pertinent health code. If it doesn't say it is required to be anti-bacterial I do not see any reason not to bring your own. I'll see if I can find my book and look it up for you.

canio6 Guest
    From the 2009 food code: pertinent part in bold.

2-301.12 Cleaning Procedure.*

(A) Except as specified in ¶ (D) of this section, food employees shall clean their hands and exposed portions of their arms including surrogate prosthetic devices for hands or arms for at least 20 seconds, using a cleaning compound in a handwashing sink that is equipped as specified under § 5-202.12 and Subpart 6-301. P

so it says cleaning compound but does not specify a specific one. Link to whole section:

http://www.handwashingforlife.com/20...ygiene_version

Thank you! Yep, definately worth asking, then! I'm there tonight, so I can check then.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Even if they want antibacterial, who says the antibacterial can't be from tea tree and lavender oil?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I kinda totally grossed out my boss on Friday when I showed him my hand. However, I also got permission to bring in my own baby soap to get this mess back under control. So I have a moisturizing baby soap in a tiny container that I can keep in my pocket. Woo hoo!

Oh- A month and a half left at my current job. I do have work that needs to be done, and it'll be a few weeks before they have an appointment for me, but the countdown is on! Woo hoo!

B- tea/cream, coffee/half and half/one shot of syrup, bacon and cheese omelette with cream cheese

This weekend was not what one would call generally "productive," but I did write a fair amount, which is good. I also ate. A lot. All the wrong stuff. 6 weeks and I'll be out of here and I can work on fixing this.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, writing is a good thing - it really helps with the angst I have found and it doesn't matter much what you write about - it all comes out. I notice your blog has not been updated in a while - what are you writing? A novel for publication? Just fun stuff? Please do try to be mindfull of the crap you put in your body. As a brat myself- I know you can get pretty far off track if you don't set some ground rules for cheating! So 6 weeks and counting - how does that feel??? Mostly good or scary as hell?