Page 133 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 133

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I was wondering if there were particular composty things to add, but I think you're right, any of it should help. And we ARE low on organic matter. So, next year should be better. Second-year gardens usually are

Yay for volunteer whatevers! And if they're potatoes then they won't need to be staked up.

S- One of those starbucks coffees out of the vending machine. I'm going to Primal Hell anyway. May as well have an ice coffee on the way . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Definitely potatoes.

They really don't mind a little decaying organic matter in their area... if they are still growing taller consider adding compost and old rotty hay or straw mounded up around their stems... just always leaving 10-12 inches exposed to sun.
    They root along their stems like tomatoes will, and will grow more potatoes that way.
    cool! they are rather tall now, so i'll mound some dirt or something up along the stem. unfortunately these are growing in the same place that we had a really bad root-knot nematode problem last year. hopefully the compost makes a difference. growth isn't stunted in the least, so maybe they'll be fine. in fact, everything is growing quite well there. another volunteer popped up- actually several. I think they're cucumbers or melons of some sort. i weeded out all but 2 so they'd grow better. they grew from nothing to fairly large in less than 2 weeks, so maybe they'll catch up and produce something before the end of the season.

D- (lightly) sugar-sweetened green iced tea, fried sweet potatoes, steak, wine

B- tea/cream, coffee/half and half/D/one shot vanilla syrup, bacon and cheese omelette.

Soul- officially dead. Talked to a woman who's homeless now because she couldn't get into her account and my only thought was "well the form tells you what documentation we require- it's not our fault you couldn't provide it." Wanna know why I was good at customer service? Because I cared. Obviously I no longer care. Well crap. Guess I need to fall back on my . . . ah . . . oh, right, I don't have any other saleable skills. *shrug* Guess I have to be a hermit in a cave now. No other choice.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

L- steak, lambsquarters, beet salad

S- Milky Way because- um- yeah, I have no excuse. I'm tired. I need out. I think I'm napping when I get home.

D- none. I laid down for a nap and didn't get out of bed until my alarm insisted that I'd be late for work. Oops.

B- tea/cream, coffee/half and half/one shot of caramel syrup/bacon and cheese omelette

Official weigh-in: 236.5#

L- Panera Steak and Bleu Cheese salad, ice coffee/half and half, frozen yogurt with chocolate pieces and "chocolate topping"

They note that their frozen yogurt has no HFCS. The first ingredient in the "chocolate topping" is HFCS. I don't follow the logic here . . .

I do know why the chocolate today. PMS. With a side of "I guess I hate myself today." For anyone interested, that's still not again. These long cycles wouldn't be so bad if it would stick in something other than the worst of the hormonal mixes. But it should be over soon. *fingers crossed*

Saoirse is online now Senior Member

have some more chocolate. you don't even have to hate yourself.

Oh, the chocolate part wasn't the "I hate myself." the chocolate-flavored "topping" was I think I will stop and pick some good stuff up on the way home. Because I can. And you gave me permission

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like Debauchery has detoured to your house...
    She is wielding the Twizzler Lasso of Chocolate Allocation, you must obey!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Oooh, if I have her to blame it on . . . (I'm already contemplating chips. Down, Debauchery!)

Well, I'm getting geared up to be yelled at by the dentist tomorrow and then . . . I'm out. It occurred to me that I'll all of a sudden have a lot of time on my hands. I'm not sure how many hours I can get at my other job- or even how many I really want. I need 30/week to start the countdown to eligibility for insurance, and, honestly, I'm not sure that I want more than that right now. I want some R&R, you know? There's a horse rescue out in Peyton. It's a hike, but for one day a week or so . . . It would be really nice to do something good for the world. Particularly if it's not "people" related