Page 127 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 127

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    looks at Icarian's core. still looking at Icarian's core. still looking...
    Yeah, I only pretended to look at mine. His is far more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    oo...words! shooting is a lot of fun. embarrassingly enough, i tried shooting the AR15 but didn't have the upper body strength to hold it steady enough to aim at targets further than 20 ft. the .22 rifle was fun, though i made the most use out of the .22 pistol. i have a scar now on my boob from the hot casing ejecting down my top and being caught in my bra.
    And now I will NEVER wear a low-cut blouse to shoot! Ouch! I think if I go again I'll set the rifle target at 25' and work on getting it right before I move it back to 50'. I declined to shoot the bigger sniper rifle because I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with the recoil
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Well, my steak and sweet potato dinner followed by a greek yogurt breakfast made the weight go back up for today, so we're sticking with yesterday's number. However, I am also very full, so life is good.

I just polished off the last of the cream today, and the cheese is gone. All I have to do is eat the last serving of greek yogurt and I'm good to go on my dairy-free quest. It's going to be dairy-free-ish because I don't feel like being super strict, but it is going to be a severe reduction of dairy. I'm thinking I'll go back to broth in the morning for a while. I have lots and I bet I could use the nutritional boost.

Mud Flinger- I got up a post about the hail recovery. Naturally, I didn't have my camera on me when I went to the garden last night, but I did have some pre-fire pictures to post.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Much of my garden has finished recovering as well. Funny thing is that there is a squash that is thriving right now - Turbinado. It's been setting lots of fruit while my zucchinni has too, but you always hear about zuchs going crazy and I just haven't had that problem yet. Got my water bill yesturday - ouch - $520!!! I paid it quickly and sent it on it's way - not like I had lots of choice here. The grass is still dying and the landscape is just bearly holding on in some places, but this weather too shall pass (I hope).
    Last edited by Mud Flinger; 07-06-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Oh my sympathetically aching wallet! That's one of the reasons I don't want property that doesn't have a well. I'm sure wells have the occasional $500 bill too, but it's not all the time!

Hooray for squashes! I need to get my gardens rolling earlier next year so I can have stuff to start harvesting already

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Rain!!! Oh Ya

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Well Good Mornin'! I have no idea why they unblocked YouTube at work, but that was an awesome clip to come in to

We've been getting lots of rain- although that also means flash floods, now, since the trees aren't there to slow it down. Ah well. At least it's rain. Glad you're getting it, too, Mud Flinger!

*sigh* Well, my no-dairy is really only less dairy. I had coffee with half and half with the last of my greek yogurt for breakfast and another coffee with half and half with my salad that had cheese on it for lunch. However, I did refrain from purchasing cottage cheese at the grocery store last night even though I really wanted it. I'm working on it. Slowly, but working on it.

Win! My baby brother called me last night to ask how to make broth with a chicken carcass he had

I think I only logged 12 hours at work this weekend. We were dead. So they were just the most inconveniently timed 12 hours ever. Oh well. There was some minor annoyance that the new system isn't being used reliably, but now that I know that I just have to learn the new system of seating AND the old one at the same time, it's all good.

My eating was horrible this weekend which reflected itself in my weight. I really do need to get my food sorted so I can eat well, at least. Sleeping well . . . well I didn't wake up in the middle of the night last night for once. Maybe I'm getting better.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Well Good Mornin'! I have no idea why they unblocked YouTube at work, but that was an awesome clip to come in to

We've been getting lots of rain- although that also means flash floods, now, since the trees aren't there to slow it down. Ah well. At least it's rain. Glad you're getting it, too, Mud Flinger!
    I thought it would be a nice little monday morning lift... I forgot about work youtube blocks... how convenient that it worked this time!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

It's been unblocked for about a week. Unfortunately, it makes it that much more dangerous, and tempting, to tiptoe into Blood Orchid's journal