Page 126 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 126

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Age/life makes you wise, and makes you find most shit to be trivial. I am not trivializing those who lost their houses or anything that they personally value. The houses can be rebuilt, "stuff" can be bought, but there is only one you. We can't bring you back and *we* can't make you have a core you want to behave to keep, only you can do that.

That was my point.
    Listen to this wise man! Life always will throw crap at you and only you can duck or deal with getting hit by it.

Glad you are both home and basically unscathed!!!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I know, I was just messing with you. That's actually why I'm on my way out of my current job. I was losing me for the sake of a (not significantly) higher income. So not worth it. And if I make a habit of being the bussing host when we're nuts and don't have a busboy, I think my core will strengthen pretty quickly

MF- Now if only Life would give me the crap to put in my garden instead of throwing it at me . . . So much more useful there!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    MF- Now if only Life would give me the crap to put in my garden instead of throwing it at me . . . So much more useful there!
    Yes this - I need to work on asking for more in the garden and less on me....

Well, my vegetarian roommate called me the biggest meatatarian she knows. "Your dinners are, like, a steak." There was a sweet potato, too! But since I'm using the same frying pan to cook both, the potato was half eaten by the time the steak made it onto my plate. And, really, it was only a pound and a quarter and I didn't eat all of it . . . In a funny twist of fate, her dog has figured out that the foot of my bed (a futon on the floor) is a good place to hang out instead of the dog bed she just got. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that she gets to lick my plates after dinner

I'm working on getting back on the wagon. Dinner was steak, sweet potato, and (too much) red wine. Breakfast was tea/cream, coffee/D, and cottage cheese. I think I'm going to use up the greek yogurt in the fridge, stick the cheese in the freezer, and cut dairy for a while. I need to push myself back into good food, not easy food. I'm not going to do a full Whole 30, because wine and chocolate are staying, but I've got too much dairy going on right now.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Dairy's convenience makes it a go to for many busy/lazy people (you choose which you are). I find myself eating cheese sticks at lunch when I don't have some left overs too. The trick is to make extra (I know you know this) and always have something thawing in the fridge. Ground meat (or emergency protien as nomnom paleo calls it) is such an easy go to. As easy to cook as eggs with or without some vege. Another quicky I've found are chicken wings. While I don't like them, my daughter and most of our friends love them, so when I need a last minute app. or quick lunch for the kid, I throw some frozen in either the toaster oven or the main oven (when I need lots for company). When they are mostly done, I brush em with butter and ketchup or hot sauce.

Maybe plan your meals for Monday-Friday so that you can cook ahead and prepare for no quick dairy fix? I hate planning ahead like this but I'm a brat!

I think I am kinda legitimately busy at the moment, but when I'm home I'm pretty much lazy. It's one of the reasons I like root veggies. They're far more forgiving of being forgotten in the fridge than most other things Actually, I should be doing my cooking mid-week, since I have other stuff going on on the weekends now. Like being scheduled for 18 hours at the restaurant next weekend. o.O. Part time, people, part time! (If they do that to me next weekend, I'm dropping one of the Saturday shifts. I actually have a reason to go to the Renn Faire this year, and my purse really won't survive another year. I also can't think of any reason to put off purchasing a bow )

Yesterday was a much longer day than I'd intended, but it was awesome. The guys in the family I befriended finally took me shooting (They always go on the 4th and let me tag along this year) and then I went out to dinner with the husband and wife. I was invited to the party the son was going to, but I was about to fall over, so I figured dinner would be shorter to get me to bed earlier Turns out I take direction well (who knew?) and I did really well with the pistols. The rifle . . . well . . . I'm blaming the lack of holes in the target with shooting a .22 in the wind (although 13 holes in the paper out of 30 or 40 rounds at 50 yards really isn't terrible seeing as how it was my first time)

I ate almost nothing yesterday, and what I did eat was pretty much all wrong. Well, except for finishing off the block of cheese as I was driving up to meet the guys. Guess I won't have to chuck it in the freezer after all. But I weighed myself this morning and was 232#. That is an improvement over the official weigh-in last week. If there wasn't any bloat from my ice cream indescretions to give me a lower number tomorrow, I can still take it for the official weigh-in and be happy.

How were everyone else's 4ths?

Our 4th was pretty good. Took the kids to a concert at Clement park Tues evening -that was pretty fun even though the fire works were canceled (a very good thing IMHO). The 4th was a pool party here with lots of teenagers and a few of their parents plus a buddy of my 4 yo and his family. Actually. pretty calm compared to many of our past parties. Went to bed early and slept well. Jeeze, that all sounds pretty meh once it's written down!

Lol, I think it sounds like fun! I overheard a couple of women at the grocery store saying it just didn't feel like the 4th being mid-week and without fireworks. Um, wasn't our town just on fire, or was that another Colorado Springs? *facepalm* Sleeping well is good!

I just got my schedule for next week and they didn't schedule me all day on Saturday! However, I opened up my calendar and realized that I already had something scheduled that morning. Dang it. *shrug* I can always skip church and go on Sunday.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    *Looks at Icarian's core. Looks down at own core* )
    looks at Icarian's core. still looking at Icarian's core. still looking...

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    oo...words! shooting is a lot of fun. embarrassingly enough, i tried shooting the AR15 but didn't have the upper body strength to hold it steady enough to aim at targets further than 20 ft. the .22 rifle was fun, though i made the most use out of the .22 pistol. i have a scar now on my boob from the hot casing ejecting down my top and being caught in my bra.