Page 125 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1800

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 125

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Hey - I just checked your blog - you need to add some hail recovery photos to document the power of nature to recover and all. Glad you all can breathe down there! The smoke from those fires can get rediculous at times

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I really do, I know. Actually, I need to get ANYTHING up at this point.

Come on, brain- WORK!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Finally got a post up It's got some pictures I took of the fire and lots of links to more pictures if any of y'all are interested. There are some pretty wicked ones.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Official weigh-in: 235. Totally my fault, "My town is burning, I can eat whatever I want." Not helpful (she says as she polishes off a second chocolate-covered strawberry. What? they were free!) So . . . onward and upward and all that.

The fire seems to be much more under control now- although I won't say much more until we see what today's thunderstorm decides to do Apparently it's a toss-up as to whether a mild one will help or just piss the fire off.

The fire really has got me thinking though. I have been so wrapped up in this job and the stress it's given me that I had only a handful of people in town to check in on about whether they were in the line of the fire or not. Money gives me stuff. It does not give me knowledge or friendships. FTS. It is reinforcing my decision that I need to prove my ability at the restaurant because I must get out of here.

Also: I totally had an Office Space moment. "Who the hell is Phyllis and why does she have a cake? Oooh, cantulope and chocolate covered strawberries!" (Apparently Phyllis is retireing.)
    Last edited by drssgchic; 06-28-2012 at 12:39 PM.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Official weigh-in: 235. Totally my fault, "My town is burning, I can eat whatever I want."
    Funny, I have been completely uprooted because of the fire and never used that excuse.

Just giving you shit.

Thanks for checking in on me and the family. I hope to be back in my fricken house by early next week. My dad lost his house and we aren't sure if my mom's house was lost or not.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

*Looks at Icarian's core. Looks down at own core* Well you do have a more visible reason to behave

You've gotten confirmation that your house is fine? That's awesome. *fingers crossed for your mom* and I'm sorry your dad's was one of the casualties. I guess the kids will get an extended visit from Grandpa, huh?

How's the house situation going, Icarian?

I'm starting the week at 232#, so, that's good. Even with my very non-gluten-free chuckwagon cookoff dinner on Saturday

I'm hungry, since I didn't eat enough yesterday, but I'm having to force myself to eat my yogurt and berries. Things aren't good when I'm eating anything not nailed down, but when I don't want to eat and I embrace hunger that I get concerned. I was thinking this weekend that I could keep up both jobs for a while to knock out my debt and boost my savings. But after this morning at work, I dunno. I don't know how much longer I can survive here no matter what they pay me.

Back in the diggs and nothing is wrong - 'cept the garage smells like a campfire. My mom's house is cool too and she is moving all of her stuff back into it tonight. Thanks for asking.

As far as the "visible reason to behave," I am forced to e-slap you. WTF woman? You can do this, don't let external, trivial stuff make up your mind for you.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Glad you're back! I suppose there are worse smells than a campfire, but I'm sure it'll air out eventually.

*ducks e-slap* I totally made up my own mind, thank you. I just hid it behind a flimsy excuse And, yes, sir. I'm slowly clambering back on the wagon.

The most destructive wildfire in Colorado's history is trivial stuff . . . interesting definition there . . .

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    The most destructive wildfire in Colorado's history is trivial stuff . . . interesting definition there . . .
    Age/life makes you wise, and makes you find most shit to be trivial. I am not trivializing those who lost their houses or anything that they personally value. The houses can be rebuilt, "stuff" can be bought, but there is only one you. We can't bring you back and *we* can't make you have a core you want to behave to keep, only you can do that.

That was my point.