Page 120 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 120

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    *Grasps pearls in consternation* That's because we don't discuss UNMENTIONABLES in this journal! Good heavens! What kind of a journal do you think this is?!

*Swoon onto the conveniently placed fainting couch*

(I really want a fainting couch eventually. Mostly to say I have one.)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Boring stuff:

L: some of my pot roast- but not much, not that hungry, coffee/cream

It would be nice to have a job that doesn't stress me out this much. I make most of the stress myself. Frankly, I know enough that I could coast if I chose, but I hate coasting. Feeling on the verge of tears for no good reason (it's not hormonal- the set in play right now doesn't make me do that) is not good. Being pissed off at my customers more often than not is not good. Training myself to slack off at work is not good (As much fun as y'all are, haunting this forum is not training me to be an effective employee). Am I fulfilling my potential? Not hardly. Do I care? At the moment- not hardly.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    It would be nice to have a job that doesn't stress me out this much. I make most of the stress myself.
    You should totally coast. I'm a little bit of a slacker at the moment after coming out the other side of a high stress job. My general rule of thumb is that a little bit of stress is good (keeps you awake and alive) but too much is bad for you. I don't think that more than 20% of my time can be spent in 'stressed' state and be healthy. So if I have a bad day at work (which happens sometimes, emergencies etc) I deliberately try to 'recover' for the next few days.

Oh, and needs more boobies.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 06-18-2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: the 'e's were dancing over the page
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

*sigh* I tried to look up blue-footed-boobies to include, but it was going to make me download something to my computer to move it over here. Dang it.

I DO coast, but that's actually stressful for me. Wierd, I know. I want to know I'm effective. Like the time I'm spending here is actually useful. It's not. A trained monkey could do this. But you're right, a little stress is good- it's just a problem when it goes overboard.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Boobies.

Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Boobies.

Thank you! And this makes it a pair of boobies.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE boobies...
    Blue footed are the best!
    They walk funny. They have blue feet. What's NOT to love?
    And as a kid, when asked my favorite bird or animal... I got to watch the reaction on an adults face when I said "Boobies!"
    And then... lots of adults didn't even know what they were, so I'd have to explain.

I was a PBS kid.
    The kind who corrects the 7th grade Science teacher when he said there were "3 states of matter- solid, liquid, and gas", I was all, "What about PLASMA, huh???"
    Heheh... I was that kind of pain in the butt.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-18-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Lol- I'm sure your choice of animal had NOTHING to do with the expected reaction, either . . .

There are other kinds of boobies? Bird boobies that is. Now I have in my head this black bird that puffs out a bright red chest when he's mating. Bird boobies!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    The smart kids are always aware of the reactions... and carefully craft their answers to provoke, yet not completely offend!
    It's an art.

There are also Red-Footed Boobys... they have lovely blue faces. Really cute too, also silly walkers. But they lack the alliteration.
    It's Frigatebirds that have the heaving red breasts.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Aah, I seeee. They are cute, but you're right- blue-footed boobies just sounds better. Right on with the frigatebirds! Also in the Galapagos. Apparently I need to go there . . . (and try not to spend the whole time thinking of Paul Bettany as the good doctor.)

Aaaand- my shift is up. Later folks!