Page 116 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 116

canio6 Guest
    Yes, it has been rather eyeopening. I had a very ignorance is bliss, God's chosen people bs vide about Israel. It is interesting to get an inside perspective. I also did not think you were blaming all Israel or all of whomever. I just wanted you to know that the people there are just as appalled as we are.

I agree with you on the second paragraph, thoughts can be just as 'sinful' no matter what someone is wearing. As for walking naked, nah, I burn way too easily

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    maybe boys and girls could be taught separately for certain subjects in the same school and then brought together for easier subjects and school activities. but then that becomes really complex because you're unable to separate kids by competency as well. for example, in my son's grade school, reading and math groups are broken up into competency levels. the kids who already meet the standards are given slightly more challenging stuff to work on while the ones who are behind are given work at their level. to break it up further into gender would be very complex. and then what do you do when a kid doesn't fit clearly into a gender model? not personally, but in terms of how they learn. i've known enough women who are slightly ADHD-ish and men who are very studious and academic to understand that it's not that clear cut. the local grade school here seems to be doing a great job of allowing for various styles of learning/teaching without having to break kids up by gender. another example is how math is "taught." it's difficult for me to explain, but the emphasis is on teaching many different ways to come to the right answer. the teacher doesn't care about the answer itself as much as sh/e cares about the students knowing multiple ways to discover that answer.

totally off-topic, but drssgchic i thought you'd appreciate this. apparently last night, a mountain lion broke into the window of an acquaintance's office. this is just an office building, it's not like there's a ton of food in there or anything and no one was there. before you call BS, they captured it on security camera. s/he's still roaming around, GF&Ps has spotted it in a frequented hiking spot in town.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 06-15-2012 at 10:52 AM.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Canio- My eye-opening was a presentation on Palistinians through my church. Holy crap the shit they have to put up with! This woman was part of a team that was helping to rebuild houses that had been torn down in what I can only call harassment to get them to leave so the Israelie land can expand further. One of the women asked "They couldn't possibly have good jobs (It's not allowed and they aren't available) so why don't they just leave?" Um, maybe because they are living on land that has been in their family for more generations than they can count?

It's all about measured exposure. I have bits and pieces that won't see high noon for a looooong time, yet, but hopefully eventually . . .

Saoirse- Thank goodness they're splitting them by ability again. Being from the wrong end of the ability spectrum- NOT splitting them is bad for everybody. Bores the shit out of the top and stresses the crap out of the bottom. It would be nice to be able to treat them, and train them, as individuals- but at least some differentiation is a step in the right direction. After all, they only get treated as individuals in those woo woo private schools- and we all know those schools don't turn out people that can function in the "real world!" (/end sarcasm)

I believe you! That's scary with your little kids. That is one drawback to living out here. You can't do what my mom did which was "Go outside and don't come back until (next meal)." Nothing was going to eat us back East. The fact that he broke into something that wouldn't be food related is particularly concerning. (apologies if you were avoiding that thought yourself)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Canio- My eye-opening was a presentation on Palistinians through my church. Holy crap the shit they have to put up with! This woman was part of a team that was helping to rebuild houses that had been torn down in what I can only call harassment to get them to leave so the Israelie land can expand further. One of the women asked "They couldn't possibly have good jobs (It's not allowed and they aren't available) so why don't they just leave?" Um, maybe because they are living on land that has been in their family for more generations than they can count?
    I'm not so concerned about the Palestinians given they have had several chances to have their own country and have refused. I'm more concerned with how Arab citizens of Israel are treated. Many of their villages have no running water or electricity and there is just no excuse for that. They have different colored passports and are treated as second class citizens as well. It makes no sense to me given the persecution Jews have experienced for centuries why they would turn around and do it themselves (not all Israelis but it seems to be the governmental position)

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I'm not so concerned about the Palestinians given they have had several chances to have their own country and have refused. I'm more concerned with how Arab citizens of Israel are treated. Many of their villages have no running water or electricity and there is just no excuse for that. They have different colored passports and are treated as second class citizens as well. It makes no sense to me given the persecution Jews have experienced for centuries why they would turn around and do it themselves (not all Israelis but it seems to be the governmental position)
    Well, here's a lighter solution for all their problems...I've seen all those folks fighting on the news and my plan is to go in with wheelbarrow's and pick up all the loose rocks in the City of Jerusalem. That's all they do anyway, throw rocks at each other. If they didn't have rocks most of them would forget why they're mad at the other folks and they would all wander out into the streets, hug, and share a Coca-cola.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

amazingly not scary even with all these kids, but i'm baffled as to why a mountain lion would do that. it's not like we're out in the boonies. and entering a building? just weird.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    amazingly not scary even with all these kids, but i'm baffled as to why a mountain lion would do that. it's not like we're out in the boonies. and entering a building? just weird.
    in this economy perhaps it was looking for work

lol. "do you guys need a night janitor? i'll get rid of that rabbit problem on the grounds."

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    lol. "do you guys need a night janitor? i'll get rid of that rabbit problem on the grounds."
    Exactly. Do you think that kind of experience comes along every day? They would be fools not to hire him

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    pretty sure the cougar doesn't want to work for them. husband used to, apparently was not a good experience for him.