Page 115 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 115

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    oh you covered a lot while i was gone.
    panties- something like this:

bras-
    holy hell do i hate bra shopping. not only is it expensive but i hate the padding and most of the unpadded stuff is made by people who think you need special squishing and whatnot which just ends up looking weird. just a tense piece of fabric should do; i've had bras like that at 32DD so why can't they make them at 30E?? and they do not come cheap.

if the weather's cool enough (65 or under) i wear jeans and a top: baby doll tshirt, sweater, tank top, depending on the weather. otherwise i wear a skirt and a tank top usually. sandals unless it's cold outside.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    At work (when I have a job): slacks, button up or blouse, camisole, and blazer or cardigan in case I get cold.
    Everywhere else:
    winter: sweater, jeans, boots
    Year- round: tee, tank, or blouse, jeans, VFFs or heels
    Summer: sundress or skirt, jeans, or shorts with the lightest top that's still clean and barefoot or sandals.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Ms. Spammer- may I call you Carol? You're already telling me way too much about your dinner in a journal that's not yours, so I figured it's what you want. GO. TO. FUCKING. TYCHE! And take all your goat fucking, sheep marrying, camel tossing spammer friends with you, asshclown!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Uh huh, uh huh, *scribbles notes* Interesting useage . . .

In school we weren't allowed to swear in the barn because that indicated that we were not thinking. Naiad, I believe that you have just proven my theory that not thinking is not always the case

We went from talking about a semi-nude pool party, to discussing underwear, to discussing clothes. This thread is devolving rapidly. What's next? Visctorian corsets or burkas? (corsets, please corsets . . .)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    (corsets, please corsets . . .)
    They would show far too much ankle to be appropriate. Lord knows a flash of wrist could cause men to sin. So sorry, burkas it is.

somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    heh.

i've never been in a proper corset. i bet one would do wonders for my cleavage, but i haven't wanted to spend the money on them.

Darling, that's what gloves and stockings are for . . .

Mini rant coming:

I don't get the whole "I can't look upon a woman because it would be sinful" thing. Not having women trot around in outfits specifically designed to titillate- yeah, ok, that makes sense. But removing her from sight ENTIERLY? I read a story about a woman in Israel who was beaten nearly to death for sitting in the front of the bus, in front of men, rather than the back where she was supposed to sit. She was 6 or 7 months pregnant and sitting in the back made her nausious. These men were turned on by a woman who may well be waddling she's so pregnant with ANOTHER MAN's CHILD that they had to BEAT HER? Pardon me for removing religion and insterting logic here- but how fucking weak and twisted is your mind that you can't see a married (it's Israel, so I think that's a safe assumption), pregnant woman and prefer that she sit where she won't need to puke rather than be affronted by her boldness to have NEEDS.

There is proof that separating boys and girls in school can be helpful. Less flirting instead of focusing on schoolwork. Less "oh why bother, it's a boy's subject." However, there is also proof that they then have a harder time learning to interact with each other. There was a Spanish teacher that approached my studio's owner about getting her Spanish kids to learn how to dance. You know, salsa, merengue, etc. But- she wanted it set up so that they danced without touching. (Religious school, you know) These are partner dances. It would be toned down so it wasn't just short of sex (OMG latin dances can be hot!) but in order to do the dances themselves, they needed to, like, hold hands. How are the boys and girls going to learn that they can touch one another and it's not automatically a prelude to sex unless they're allowed to, like, touch each other? I have been hip-to-hip with married men and it's been no big deal because it's a dance. I've just been hand-to-hand with some men that I couldn't wait for the dance to end because they were creepy as shit. (Never mind the one that ran me into people because he couldn't tear his eyes away from my clevage. Really, dude?)

Male human, female human- BOTH HUMAN! So, like, grow the fuck up, get the fuck over yourself, and stop being so damned weak that any challenge to your precious little world view must be met with hatred, denial, and violence.

/rant.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    heh.

i've never been in a proper corset. i bet one would do wonders for my cleavage, but i haven't wanted to spend the money on them.
    Go to your local Renn Faire. Try on a bodice. One of the shops down here has a picture of a man (a lean one) in a bodice- with clevage. It's impressive. I'd love a real corset, but you're right, they are wicked expensive. I've only had cheap ones, but they work pretty well, too

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Darling, that's what gloves and stockings are for . . .

Mini rant coming:

I don't get the whole "I can't look upon a woman because it would be sinful" thing. Not having women trot around in outfits specifically designed to titillate- yeah, ok, that makes sense. But removing her from sight ENTIERLY? I read a story about a woman in Israel who was beaten nearly to death for sitting in the front of the bus, in front of men, rather than the back where she was supposed to sit. She was 6 or 7 months pregnant and sitting in the back made her nausious. These men were turned on by a woman who may well be waddling she's so pregnant with ANOTHER MAN's CHILD that they had to BEAT HER? Pardon me for removing religion and insterting logic here- but how fucking weak and twisted is your mind that you can't see a married (it's Israel, so I think that's a safe assumption), pregnant woman and prefer that she sit where she won't need to puke rather than be affronted by her boldness to have NEEDS.
    According to my Israeli wife who keeps up with these things there is a large problem in Israel currently with the Orthodox population. Most Israelis are secular and are appalled by this kind of thing but in certain Orthodox controlled neighborhoods this kind of thing occurs. It is much like the 8 year old school girl who was spat on, taunted (called names like slut etc), for wearing her school uniform while walking through their neighborhood to school (and this is a uniform like a long skirt and a collared blouse thing...not some hoochy halloween school girl outfit). It is appalling and most Israelis think so. My wife actually predicts the next Israeli internal conflict will be secular Jews vs. Orthodox given that their men do not work, they take money from the state, do not serve in the Army, treat their wives like brood mares, are abusive to women (not all obviously), do bullsh*t like you describe, and other things that more rational thinking citizens think are nuts.

Also, I've never understood the whole making men sin thing. No one makes you sin. You do that yourself. It is just excuses for your own weakness. Lame as heck.

As for separate schooling, it seems to benefit boys more these days as school have definitely swung to a female focus. Proponents argue for it because boys learn differently and are stiffled in current school settings.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Oh, that's right, you would know about this sort of thing I'm absolutely not blaming all of Israel, any more than I'd blame all of the Middle East, or anywhere else that still has extremists that can't deal with the fact that women are human, too. It just happened to be an example I had.

I guess that's the gist of it. If you see a woman and have "sinful" thoughts- don't change HER. Look in yourself and change YOUR response. I think that a woman, or a man, ought to be able to walk down the street buck naked if they so choose. Yes, there will be speculative glances, undoubtedly a few "sinful" thoughts, but that happens when they walk down the street clothed- so, like, bodies are bodies are bodies. Get over it. If you don't want to see nakedness, train yourself to not see anything below the neck.

I've heard that, too. With doing away with any and all physical persuits, it's quite a bit easier for girls that can generally sit still and quietly for longer periods than normal boys. I'm sure there are other things, too.