Page 114 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 114

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    What I farking hate is when they try to vanity size underwear. I wear size X. I've always worn size X in undies, even when I lost weight. So why am I wearing a pair of size Vs, you ask? Because they fit like my size Xs, look like my size Xs, but they're suddenly size V.
    I have a friend who swore like 20 years ago that vanity sizing was the secret behind Victoria as she could buy clothes that fit at sizes that made her feel unfat (not quite skinny, just not fat).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I would believe that.

I went into . . . Chico's? the other day. They have 3 sizes. 1, 2, and 3. Which means I'd be a 3 not a large. Gee whiz, I'd totally LOOK like a 3 if that's what the clothes say, right?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I actually can't buy a damn thing at chico's. It may be damn awesome, but I'm like a size -1 there, if a size 1 is a 4-6.
    Talbots would be nice if they didn't make it for skinny old broads.
    I've damn near given up on buying new clothes. It's either WAY overpriced (who the hell spends $200 on ONE pair of jeans? That's like 10-20 pairs of jeans for me), sized some someone without an hourglass figure, or just doesn't come in tiny people sizes. You like the shirt/ pants/ jacket/ what the hell ever I'm wearing? Too bad, bought it at the thrift store or made it myowndamnself.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    My favorite undies are by Hanes and are cut like men's briefs (managed to get some in a basic low-rise bikini style too, with the same glorious wide bands and basic black cotton). None of that center-seam crap. GAWD so uncomfortable. I can't find them anywhere anymore and they are pretty worn out Let's not even get started on bras. Someone women complain because there aren't enough custom sizes in the world to accommodate their breasts. Well FUCK YOU for having some. I must wear them so as not to nip out in front of my co-workers, but the lack of bandeau bras readily available is truly depressing, and so I'm stuck with your regular underwire bra that makes my chest look fake because IT'S ALL BRA.

Today's gripe brought to you by the need to do laundry and only a couple of bras that fit decently and aren't visible under work-shirts.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Oooh- and when you get into the bra thing- I like my boob size. Evident but not (usually) in my way. I also like underwires (though I'm thinking about moving away from them in my de-bra quest) EVERY bra with an underwire does not ALSO require padding. I might not be the size shirt manufacturers want me to be, but I also have no need for false advertising. I want just enough to not- I like the way you said it- nip out, but don't give me an extra bloody cup!

In a moment of boringness:

Yesterday:

L: WF salad and sparkling water
    D: small salami and cheese while cleaning (I hate cleaning apartments- actually, I just hate cleaning) and an orange juice before bed because I was too tired to make anything else- since it now also requires cleaning up afterward

B: tea/cream, coffee/half and half/cream/lotsa D/CO, bacon and cheese omelette
    L: WF salad and sparkling water

I ended up getting another brand of cream because aparently Robinson's brand is having a bad couple of weeks. One of the ingredients is skim milk. Um- that's what you take OUT of cream. If you did that part, you could skip the mono and diglycerides . . .

Back to our regularly scheduled underwear. Er. Programing.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Nameless- I am one of those hunting for a custom size. I AM NOT your stereotypical 48F American. I'm also not 28AA. What part in a bra manufacturers mind makes it think that a 28AA becomes a 32A with NOTHING in between? I know a band size 30 exists, if you have 28 AA bras and I can find the damn 30DD I need online.
    I also know that, even if I have a narrow barrel, my large tits do NOT need even more fucking padding. I'm not looking to look like your average shirt manufacturer's size. I'm looking to look like me without people knowing how cold I am. A 30DD doesn't NEED another 2 cup sizes! A 30DD just needs a motherfucking BRA that doesn't cost, at a minimum, $60! If it weren't for the damn under wires, I'd make those damn things too. I swear to the gods, I should become that fashion designer I keep dreaming about, just to give women clothes that FIT! Whoever it was that let men into women's fashion design needs to be drug out and shot! (Well, there are a few men who make decent lines, but they can stay put.) The rest can be put on the executioner's line as well!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hmm- now that we're discussing it, I should take a look at my tanning suit and see if I can pull the padding out of the top. Why put padding in a bathing suit? As in, push-up padding. Not that I'd wear it to swim in, but if I did, I'd end up looking like I was leaking for ages until it dried. Hmm, actually, if I took the padding out, enough of me might stay in the cup to make it safe for swimming

I've done (ok, tried to do) the "fashionable" thing with clothes, but it's too damn much effort and money for what are really mediocre results. I'm not built "fashionably" so nothing that's "in" is particularly flattering on me. Now I'm slowly rolling back to my roots of jeans, t-shirts, and comfy shoes. For work, if it's flattering and I like it, it works. Otherwise, I really don't give a damn how fashionable it is. Still trying to figure out how to work my midieval bodice into the rounds, but haven't figured that one out yet.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I love dressing authetically. I used to think it was so important to "fit in" but now that I play by my own rules (easy to do with no employer I must admit), I just don't care to. I have purple streaks in my hair and dress in purple most of the time. I love tye die and wear it often also. People who know me get it and the rest can enjoy judging me if that makes them feel better about themselves. I agree that if you want a certain fit, you often have to make it yourself. Very hard for most woment to do in a world where almost no one sews and you are made to believe that you must conform to the norm.

If I get this waitressing job, I'll have to check the rules before I do anything more than my blond streak (boo, customer-facing jobs) but it'll be kinda nice to have a uniform. None of this "how recently did I wear this?" since it all looks the same anyway. Once I slim back down a little again, I'll resume only purchasing wranglers (they're too damn expensive for fat jeans) and I'm seriously considering checking out the men's section in the western-wear stores for shirts that I don't feel like I'll split down the back and rip the sleeves out of if I move too much. I don't have my "thing" yet, like you do with your purple (which is awesome), but I'm ready to look seriously for it.

Heh- at my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary, they took us out to dinner. Red is the family color. Every blood relative showed up in their version of red without consulting each other. I had a red and black floral dress. Uncle Ron- "Handlebar Ron" in his shooting club, showed up in a red Western-style shirt with a vest, and my mom's sister showed up in purple, because that's her version of red.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Someone pointed out to me back in college that if I wasn't wearing blue or something with blue in it or in the color (like green or purple), it was time to call the cops, because the pod people had invaded. It's still true. I don't feel comfortable unless I'm wearing blue or one of it's sister colors.
    As to shirts I can move in without ripping, I'm still hunting. I've finally resorted to tailoring my own clothes down a size from a handful of stores. For my casual stuff and sweaters, no problem, cotton and cashmere are my friends. But for work, I generally hafta buy size Y to fit the shoulders, arms, and thighs and tailor it down in the waist and length to fit a size short- but -not- petite V.
    My Primal Battle Tome