Page 111 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1800

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 111

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was just talking to my friend about it.
    Her: So your job is to say no all day?
    (I'd just kvetched about yet another person that hung up before I could explain WHY the answer was no- you know, so they'd know for future reference) Me: Yeah, basically.
    Her: I'd really rather have a job where I get to be a yes-man. Want another beer? Yes! And a third? Yes!

Today I had to tell someone that she couldn't get money out of her account to buy a tombstone for her fiancee because the IRS doesn't consider it to be a sufficient hardship. Schlepping beer just keeps looking better and better. (And since I'm no longer a pizza girl and never was much of a beer girl- that makes for far fewer temptations!)

We're smelling smoke down here that is apparently from the Fort Collins fire. (according to the cashier in the campus cafe) How bad is it up there?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the pizza and beer gig. That would be a great job to have in my opinion. Damn, now I want to quit and go sell some beer lol.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i used to be the counter wench at a pizza joint. as long as your coworkers are fun people, the energy of the place can be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i used to be the counter wench at a pizza joint. as long as your coworkers are fun people, the energy of the place can be a lot of fun.
    LOL

That reminds me of a quote from Pratchett:

Historical Re-creation....Only we do it with people dressing up and running around with blunt weapons, and people selling hot dogs, and the girls all miserable because they can only dress up as wenches, wenching being the only job available to women in the olden days

something about the word wench that just makes me smile
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

From the stories from my friend, I think it'll be good. At the very least, it'll be a refreshing change of pace. Now I just have to not tell the interviewer that most people and all managers would be improved upon by soaking their heads . . . (he's one of the managers)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

i've always liked the word "wench".

drssgchic- completely agree with you about thongs. why on earth would i wear something that intentionally gives me a wedgie?? if you don't want underwear lines, just go commando or wear giant boy shorts!

I studied horses in college. The very first day (we had to get there a week early for a breaking-in period) one of the girls was wearing white capries with a hot pink thong. At the barn. For orientation. 10 years later and it STILL makes me snicker. You could see the thong through the pants.

Under, ah, certain circumstances they're worth considering, but I do not get the women that "just can't wear regular underwear!" (ugh, and those "cheekies" or whatever they are? low-rise AND are cut to ride up? Hello, I have an ass, can I cover it, please?)

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Hello, I have an ass, can I cover it, please?
    No. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    (ugh, and those "cheekies" or whatever they are? low-rise AND are cut to ride up? Hello, I have an ass, can I cover it, please?)
    umm...guilty as charged? some of my undies are like that, and i only like the low-rise ones. my favorites those are prob the low-rise cover most of yer cheeks boy shorts. i don't like the tiny ones that look more like a censor bar than undies. they make me feel like my ass is bursting out, which i guess is because my ass is bursting out.

But, but, ah, butt? The whole plumber's crack thing isn't nearly as sexy as seeing it from the other end a la thong. Trust me?

And if you insist, I can include your pool party in the "certain circumstances" but I take no responsibility for the results of doing so