Page 106 of 181 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 106

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The hail really did a number on my garden as well. The lettuce looks rather hopeless, but the tomatoes will make it. The beans seem untouched. I had just found my missing beet seeds that evening and planted them. I'm sure they all washed out into the lawn with the rest of the loosened soil, so I guess I'll have lawn beets! Gotta get more seeds as those sucker grow really well and give great greens for salads. I also like the fact that you can harvest (or thin) them all season long and the remaining guys just get bigger. Plus they will wait out a frost.

Waiting for the nursery to deliver and plant my two new family members this morning - an 8ft Vanderwolf pine and a purple leafed Catalpa (or magic tree as I've told my son). Purple leaves, beautiful orchid like blooms in June/July that smell heavenly (well past the prime tree blooming season here) and then these really cool bean pods. So excited!

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    You . . . you don't . . . How can you not like garden tomatoes?! Blaspehemer! That's horrible!
    Sorry, I love tomatoes in a stew or something, but raw? No way. I hope next year to plant enough to dice up and can for stews and the like. I'm also thinking of frying some green to see how that floats my boat. Overall though, I'm just a picky eater.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I just looked up the Catalpa tree. Gorgeous! And I'm all for magic trees Magic anything, really. Like- never picking up butterflies or moths by their wings sank in more because you rub the magic off than because you remove the microscopic scales. I mean, I KNOW it's the scales, but I prefer it to be magic.

*sigh* I GUESS I can sort of let you pass since you eat them otherwise, but, still. I don't get it. 'Course, Mom always planted a cherry tomato on the edge of the garden so that we wouldn't bug her when we wanted a snack in the summer I am hoping to get enough to make some soup base. Of course, given the stuff-ed-ness of the freezer with three of us in the house, I'm not sure how much room I'll have to store it unless I can it. And I'm not quite sure I'm ready to go all in for canning supplies just yet! Or a small chest-freezer- but that keeps getting more and more tempting.

So, weighed in this morning. 238#. That would explain why my 16s were fitting like my 14s were before the zipper popped. I really, really have to get the hell out of here. I'm in Colorado FFS- I should NOT be this unhappy- and therefore this fat. *fingers crossed* on an opportunity from this weekend. I'm going to keep my own council on it just to keep it from being jinxed at the moment It would mean two jobs for a while, but a boost of the income will help me fix debt and tuck some away in the meantime.

B- tea/cream, greek yogurt/berries, coffee/cream
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 Guest
    Boosts in income are good. Hopefully it does not come with a boost in stress. Good luck!

The plan is *fingers crossed* to get my feet under me with the new one and then ditch the old one. We'll see.

L- roasted peanuts (i was hungry, they were free), larabar (I was bored, it was in my desk) and finally pot roast- what I really wanted but didn't have time to nuke if I was also going to get in a short walk- and I needed the walk.

I hate overtime. I don't get enough for the pay to be worth it and I hate being stuck at my desk for 9.5 hours instead of 8. Yuck.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Sorry you've had your daily suck time extended - esp. when trying to move and settle in. Maybe a nice iced coffee? I love them!

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I hate overtime. I don't get enough for the pay to be worth it and I hate being stuck at my desk for 9.5 hours instead of 8. Yuck.
    "AT LEAST YOU GET PAID OVERTIME!" yelled Booter, while also contemplating the upside of salary work.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    "AT LEAST YOU GET PAID OVERTIME!" yelled Booter, while also contemplating the upside of salary work.
    Wasn't there a lawsuit over salaried employees not getting OT a while back? Eh, I don't remember. If not, start one or go on strike. Viva le resistance!!!!1 (or something)

MOST of the time we get overtime. Although they did this thing where if you don't work 40 regular hours, if you're kept after on a day that you are in, you get straight time for it. Meh, ok, I guess I get it. Then they told us that (this was in the writing department) if we came in on a holiday when the rest of the business was closed it wouldn't count toward our 40 hours. I discovered that in a week that I worked 10 hours of OT and got time-and-a-half for 2 of them. Their answer was that we were getting double-time-and-a-half on the holiday so they don't have to count it toward the 40. Um, no- you're paying me that much to volunteer to come in on a holiday.

Mud Flinger- Mmmm, iced coffee I aaaalmost got out of bed early enough today to stop at Starbucks on the way in. (Still don't have my teakettle at the new place, which makes my first cuppa tea a bit difficult)

D- Sushi and Perrier. My frying pans should be moved tonight, which will allow me to eat proper food. Until then . . .

Had a lovely bath in a tub that's bigger than me! Ok, so the back of the tub isn't sloped to support a back (which I totally just figured out is WHY they slope- I'm clever like that) but it was *happy sigh* deep enough that the tops of my thighs were actually submerged! Wow! (I am so having a claw-foot in my own home. I want to be able to almost swim in a tub, thank you.)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh my word, if I could swim to bathe... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my friend with the family lake house is going to have a gathering this summer in upstate New York. Last year we all "bathed" in the lake on the last day (in bathing suits) and it was awesome. This year, I would not even need to use any soap!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).