Page 104 of 181 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1801

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 104

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    It's actually not about the birthday. It's a celebration of an arbitrary deliniation of the flow of life used to make workers be easier to track.
    No, no, no. A birthday is an excuse to give you a spanking. Sighs. It is tradition after all.

Seriously though, I'm sorry things are the suck. That said, your mom is right. You are doing all kinds of the right things. Hell, you have a blog about gardening and make it interesting enough that I read it and I don't even like dirt. And you should take up dancing again, if for no other reason than being able to say, "I am a ballroom dancer" is cool as shit. Seriously lady, you rock. And while we may not be in CO we've got your back if you need support.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Darling, if I had you around to give me a spanking, I'd be whipping out the party hats

Really? *whew* Since my intended audience is not current gardeners I will be getting up more posts . . . eventually.

I was thoroughly spoiled by my last dance partener, so it's a little hard to go back and start again. But I am missing it. Maybe it'd be easier to find country-western lessons around here. Hmm . . . I'm already broke to follow, so it's just different steps. And maybe it's less intimidating to men so there will be more? *crosses fingers*

The support is appreciated. It really is.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I'd be whipping out the party hats
    It's times like this I really hate I have to work tomorrow. Curse you employment. Curse you.

Country-Western might be a better way to meet the menfolk. Then again you could always give ballroom a try to see if there is anyone there who might live up to your expectations.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    hmm... is there anyway you could take a minivacation somewhere? or maybe if you're really good at visualization, maybe a little meditation every evening might help you feel like you've had more of a break? moving is a lot of work; i guess i missed something. where are you moving, or did you already move?

Canio- before I found my dance partner back East, I actually learned how to lead so that I could get up on the dance floor. The ratio is that bad for women. (Seriously, I don't understand why more men don't want to dance. Competence isn't required, just appreciated.) I doubt it's much if any different out here.

Saoirse- I'm moving in with a friend. The owner of Showcase 2, actually. She needed a roommate, I needed to pay less in rent. It's good And it's not far from where I'm living now. She's also a five-minute walk from a 750 acre park My lease ends in my apartment June 15, but I've already started moving stuff over. Once again, I am reminded that I own too many books. More, even, than when I moved out here.

I'm actually feeling better today than I have in a while. After I moved some books (and realized exactly how much weaker I am now than I was a year ago) I hung out with her a little and chatted. I told her about the "vacation" Mom and Dad suggested and she said that she has weeks when she's just been worked to death and she's just not doing anything. She's one of those super-effective people (just now down from three jobs to two) so it was reassuring to hear that even people like her need time off I thought about popping up to Cheyenne for my time off this week, but I have a full week off in July that I think I might turn into a deliberate vacation. Or at least part of it. I have Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off this week. At least one of the days will be job related, and I should probably use at least one to do several trips of stuff. But one will be walking or something not work or "practical."
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Way late on the happy birthday, or I'm super early on next year's...you pick. Sorry you had a suck few days fo sho.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Glad you are doing a bit better now!!! If I were you, I'd try to pack and move as much stuff as possible on Tuesday, the first day of your days off so that you can feel really accomplished. I mean, how cool would it be to be completely moved out by the end of this weekend??? A few days early will give you a chance to clean for your security deposit or just say F-it and tell the land lord your out a few days early to that he/she can begin the process. Either way, big check mark on your to do list is the way I see it. I'm sure you know this but moving is one of those jobs that seems never ending!

How are your gardens doing? Mine is really starting to take off - I ate a few sweet pea pods this AM while I was out weeding

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    thanks for explaining. i agree; get 'er done ASAP and then bask in the sense of accomplishment!

Booter- I'm not big on birthdays, but thanks for helping to stretch out the celebration

The plan is actually to do the job thing tomorrow because moving > job hunting. So, moving on Wednesday. Or at least a fair amount of it. I probably am going to have to do some serious cleaning- and I'm working on making myself just throw stuff out. Yes, I should recycle, reuse, etc- but not right now. Now, I need to just pitch it if it's not of fairly obvious use. I was kind of annoyed when they told me my apartment was getting new carpet when I moved in. New, white carpet and I are not a happy mix. Particularly when they don't have tiling from the front door to the tiled kitchen. I mean, I walk into the house fairly often with shit/mud/snow/rain covered shoes. It would be nice to be able to NOT walk on carpet until I got them off. (My house will so have a mudroom. Preferably with a foot bath for those days when I walk in with muddy bare feet )

As far as gardens- I am going to have more radishes then I know what to do with. I planted some in each of my community garden beds, then I decided to plant some in the parsnip row to shade them while they're getting around to sprouting. They're all coming up great I also have, um, I think it's the turnips that are sprouting well? Funnily enough- the bed without the cow shit is actually slower than the "unamended" one. Other than that- one of her tomato plants has a flower (wow- that's early isn't it?) and the potatoes are happy as a clam so we should at the very least get 'maters and 'taters. And radishes. Which means I can practice my radish-rose carving

I didn't weigh myself this morning because I refuse to give a damn. I may or may not weigh myself when I get back here on Friday. Breakfast- tea/cream, blueberries/cottage cheese, coffee/half and half

Oh! And I have permission to set up an archery target in the back yard! Finally I have a reason to apply the work- SQUEEEE! The one caviat is that I have to share my bow with her. I was on my way out the door when I remembered that I wanted to ask- so I popped my head back in to ask. She said it was about the last thing she was expecting out of me. She'll learn . . . she'll learn. And now I have a legit reason to purchase a bow at the Renn Faire! Woo hoo!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I am totally with you on "not right now" for recycle/reduce/reuse. I have done my fair share of weeding out clothing for recycling, sorting books, sorting trash etc. but sometimes you just need it GONE. I've been getting rid of so little lately that I tend to just chuck things because if I kept it to recycle, I'd have to hold onto it for longer!

Mud rooms are the best. My grandma's house (designed by my grandpa) has one and it's not until I grew up that I realized how useful it is. They keep the washer & dryer out there too. In cool/bad weather, the dogs could sleep in there instead of outside (ah, rural Maine!).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).