Page 102 of 180 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1800

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic) page 102

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes, Mom . . . er, um,

I've already killed the thyme and arnica that I'd bought for herbs. This is why I don't keep houseplants aside from my jade and aloe. Even the aloe isn't too happy with me. The lavender and comfry are doing ok- except for whatever the hell is eating my comfry IN MY APARTMENT. Grmph. But I will keep up with the gardens. I want greens and tomatoes!

Good call on stealing- er- borrowing a dog. Not tonight- but I bet I can borrow my new roommate's dog at some point for a hike through the park over there. She's older, so sensible, but still energetic.

You aren't near the fires up there, are you? I didn't realize we had more already.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I didn't know about the fires - yet - I'd better turn on the news! When I walked out my front door Sunday AM I saw smoke and smelled it and ran paniced all around my property to make sure it wasn't me - it turned out (I think) to be smoke from the Alamosa fire the day before. I hate this shit because the fires move so fast that there is little you an do if the wind is up. So far - no smoke here. Today's the last day of school and so a pool party is to be had here w/ many rowdy teens and one 4 yr old. The last thing we need is more fires. Can't even use my fire pit due to the danger level (and it has a metal cage). Rain - where for art thou?

Just googled and don't see anything about new fires around here - maybe I'm just lame at searching? Will turn on the news in 5 min. I'm up by C470 and Ken Caryl - near where it turns north from going west - by Chatfield state park and Damn.

I tripped over it yesterday because I clicked on an MSN link about three states being on fire. I think they were to the southish of Denver. I expect you'd know if they were close Maybe it was the Alamosa fire.

One of the states was Michigan. First thought through my head: How did they get anything dry enough to burn, there?!

Poo on the fire pit! I want one so I can have fire on demand- but I guess "on demand" is a relative thing out here.

Hooray for the pool party, though! With that many teenagers it'll either be fun or "I'm so glad I'm not that age any more."
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

L- "authentic smoked BBQ" and it was goood He gave me bbq sauce, but I just ate the meat. With the smoke, I didn't need anything else on it.

I'll be getting changed here and then going to Garden of the Gods after I check my gardens. I may or may not walk much. There's an excellent chance I'll find a nice place to sit and people watch/woolgather for a while. Apparently creativity is nurtured by woolgathering. Who knew? So I'll spend some time feeding my muse. Then I need to go home and do laundry.

Don't feed your muse after midnight, or get it wet. Just sayin'.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Still haven't seen that movie. Never intend to. Not when I spent a month after watching Jurrassic Park having to remind myself that ctrl alt delete would get rid of the voloceraptors climbing my stairs. T Rex was way less scary- all you had to do was hold still to avoid him.

And yet- loved The Cell and American Psycho. Somehow mindfucks are just way less scary.

*Edit: My first thought on "get it wet" was "muse is not what I call it." Then I realized what you were referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    *Edit: My first thought on "get it wet" was "muse is not what I call it." Then I realized what you were referencing.
    Still laughing on that one!

The kids are having fun swimming and so far no drama! It probably helps that it's only girls today - our last boy/girl pool party was full of drama - hubby and I sat on our deck that over looks the pool and just laughed. Today is just lots of giggling

Garden of the Gods is a genious idea - that place is magical! I remember once when we were there, there was also a singing group and when they sang on the other side of an outcropping it was like the rocks were singing beautiful acapela (sp?) music.

Or- I'll water one of the two gardens (the other is on a drip, it'll be fine), go home, and fall over. I think inert is the word I'm looking for. I wasn't asleep, but I was highly non-functional. After being intert for a couple of hours, I woke up enough to eat something, read for a while, couldn't sleep (how annoying) so I started packing books for my move. And barely dragged myself out of bed this morning. I'm trying not to get stressed about the dirty dishes and lack of clean clothes because I'm apparently not able to fix that right now, but it's hard.

Singing stones are awesome! I only live four miles away- you'd think I'd've gone more than I have. I keep meaning to make being outdoors a priority, but it's not working so far.

D- cottage cheese/blueberries/honey, red wine, a handfull of almonds (I didn't have the energy to heat up my leftover steak. How sad is that)

PrimalCon New York
    232# officially.

B- tea/cream, coffee/cream, cold steak.