Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 10 of 184 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Wild (Drssgchic)

Shop Now
    L- tea with half and half and coconut oil (it was a big steak the night before)
    S- chicken broth
    D- homemade applesauce, ground beef, sausage

Nothing done with writing. This is just excuse-making, but I did have to drive all over thither and yon to find the dang vaccume I wanted. We don't need to discuss the state my apartment is in . . .

AM- tea with cream

Official weigh-in: 200.5# Doesn't look like much, but it's quite an improvement over the ugliness that was earlier this week.

L- some ribs with spaghetti squash. I really need to just finish that stuff and move on
    S- Mocha- not even a good one. It was no-sugar-added Nestle. But necessary
    D- Eggs in the grease left from all the meat I've been cooking, hot milk (cream) with vanilla

No writing- but this is a legit excuse. I was watching a survival expert/teacher lighting ice on fire.

AM- tea with cream
    B- coffee with half and half and coconut oil, bacon and cheese omelette

Ok- so I couldn't go four days without buying prepared food- but at least it's (more or less) Primal. And I'm starving.

Note to self- brain and mouth like coffee, not tummy and muscles. Don't drink it on lifting days!

Power Clean
    Bar 5R warmup- 1 set
    Bar + 25# 5R- 5 sets- my left side was weak

Squat Press
    Bar + 5# 5R- 5 sets- not pretty and no increase over last week- left side is still weak

Deadlift
    Bar + 50# 8R- 4 sets- This one felt good- the only one of the day that did

Oh- whoever it was that mentioned jojoba oil as a leave-in conditioner- it works! I think I need to work out how much to use- and make sure that it won't interfere with going several days between cleansings- but it's so nice that it's day one after a cleansing and my hair isn't trying to give me a halo! Considering it is a bit below my shoulders- a halo is not a good look.

L- the iron listed above
    S- peppermint hot cocoa (I know, I know, willpower? What's willpower?)
    D- wesleydale with cranberries, sushi, 2 glasses of red wine
    S- vodka cranberry (out)

Obviously, I'm doing GREAT watching my diet. I went out last night to get some external validation. This usually backfires, so I don't do it often. However, I figured a low-cut blouse would at least get me some second looks. The first thing I noticed, though, was that even though I have a lot of work to do, yet- I was definatly in the nicer half of the bodies there. And the skinny girls- meh- I could break them without trying So- validation complete. I DO need to mind what I'm eating and what I'm doing because I can look/feel/function better. But I'm still not doing badly . . .

(I'm not judgemental. Much. Don't judge me!)

600? words written on a totally unrelated story. Because I really needed to start another one. At least I wrote?
    Last edited by drssgchic; 11-18-2011 at 11:29 AM.

I was definatly in the nicer half of the bodies there. And the skinny girls- meh- I could break them without trying
    Woo hoo! and the skinny girlies have nothing to show off under their low cut blouses ;-). I'm surrounded by Asian Bird Women so I tell myself "I could bench press her"
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Woo hoo! and the skinny girlies have nothing to show off under their low cut blouses ;-). I'm surrounded by Asian Bird Women so I tell myself "I could bench press her"
    Too true . . . And I'm not quite there yet, but given how tiny and muscle-less some of them were- I don't think it'll take long!

Friday-
    AM- tea with cream
    B- coffee with half and half
    L- steak and bleu cheese salad from Panera, peppermint mocha
    D- amazing lamb kebabs with broccoli and a little rice, zucchini and feta pancake thingies, glass of red wine- dessert was dessert wine and amazing cheesecake. Dates are good for something

Saturday-
    B & L- tea with cream- and my apartment is clean!
    D- 2:30ish- cesar salad, unsweetened iced tea, steak, sweet potato

Sunday-
    B- tea with cream
    L-coffee with cream
    D-ish- some grocery store roast beef, butternut squash, s'more pie, chocolate truffle (it was a mostly pie pot luck- what could I do? )
    S- kombucha, hot vanilla milk
    600 words written on a shorter story I'm working on. I still haven't worked on shuffling the one I hit the goal number on- but at least I wrote.

AM- tea with cream
    B- bacon and cheese omelette, coffee with half and half
    L- tea with half and half
    D- bacon and eggs- the eggs were fried in so much bacon grease, they were all but deep-fried. Yum! Red wine
    500 words on the newest story- because follow-through is so my thing.

Today-
    AM- cortisol- that's what you get when you wake up 15 minutes before you're supposed to be at work. Oops.
    B- salami and cheese, tea with half and half, 2 boxes of raisins, an apple
    L- peppermint hot chocolate, although I'm thinking I probably should have gone for the mocha.

I'm tired. I haven't been going to bed at a reasonable hour at all consistantly lately. So, there might be a little sweater-shopping on the way home (How can I not check out a 70% off sale?) and then real food and bed. Hopefully by 8. Possibly with an epsom salt bath beforehand to really knock me out.

Lights were out at 7:50. After the soak I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I could have slept later this morning- but overall I'm feeling much more human than I have in a few days.

Official weigh-in: 201# But- it's probably still better than what I'd get if I weighed in on Friday, instead.

D- pork ribs from the grocery store- most of the bbq sauce scraped to the side, stilton with blueberries (my favoritist)

AM- tea with cream
    B- tea with half and half, bacon and cheese omelette

L- Iron

Dumbell snatch
    20# 6R alternated sides- 1 set
    35# 6R/side- 4 sets

Deadlift
    Bar+ 60# 8R- 4 sets

Bench Press
    Dumbells total 50# 6R- 4 sets

NONE of them are ready to go up next time, but for different reasons. For the first one- my left side is NOT controlled. For the second, my grip is questionable, though the muscles are fine with more. For the third- the right dumbell hit my chest a little harder than necessary on the way down for the last rep.

So- I asked the guy that works there if there was anything I could do to work on my grip. He suggested wrist curls with dumbells to work on my forearms and gloves/straps. Right. I have him asking if chalk is acceptable- since the fact that I'm sweating a bit more isn't helping. Anybody got some ideas so I can keep lifing naked I'm not going to do what my hands can't- but I also don't want my deadlift to hit a serious stall at just over half my bodyweight.

Shop Now
    Do you wear gloves? My grip sucks too, but I was embarassed to use straps for like 95#
    I pretty much have to use an alternating grip, if you're doing "overhand" it might help to try alternating
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick