Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just bought my first grass-fed ground beef! page 2

ErinC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm so jealous!!! I want to buy a half beef so bad but can't justify the cost right now.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinC View Post
    I'm so jealous!!! I want to buy a half beef so bad but can't justify the cost right now.
    Yeah, I couldn't either, but then I realized that if it's a lot of fat (85/15), then it's a lot more worth buying in terms of calories and omega-3s than I get from grain-fed low-fat beef and omega-3 eggs. Plus I spend lots on cheese anyway ($7/lb-ish), so it's like my healthier substitute xD;

Quote Originally Posted by ErinC View Post
    A lot of farms will sell quarters...

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl
    Yeah, I couldn't either, but then I realized that if it's a lot of fat (85/15), then it's a lot more worth buying in terms of calories and omega-3s than I get from grain-fed low-fat beef and omega-3 eggs. Plus I spend lots on cheese anyway ($7/lb-ish), so it's like my healthier substitute xD;
    I typically request everything with my quarters/halves that I can get: marrow bones, liver, heart, etc. I have a giant slab of kidney fat (suet) that I need to render into tallow so I can have more space in my freezer. Plus it's a great fat to have on hand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12