Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily eating window OR more intermittant fasting? Share your experience, please page

FairyRae2 Guest

Shop Now

Just wondering what all of your thoughts/experiences are w/ this. In terms of fasting (for health benefits, not so much weight loss), have you found it feels/works better to fast using a specific eating window (of say, 5-8 hours or so) each day, or to do it more intermittantly, skipping meals more randomly when it feels right to you? (Maybe a couple times a week?) I've been reading how some folks feel their progress w/ whatever they were working on stalled a bit w/ the eating window, but would love to read more!!!

TIA!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I have been on the Warrior Diet routine for over a month already. I don't do it for weight loss (it has stalled) but for health benefits. I generally eat from 6 to 10, although my main meal takes place only from 6 to 7. The first week was tough, but I adapted to it very well.

I never really did the "skipping meal" thing. When I decided to fast, I went full on to the WD. It was an experiment meant to last a week, but I'm loving it and don't ever plan on stopping.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

dfast is offline Member

I have gradually been increasing the fasting that I do; at the moment, I&#39;m alternating days of all day &#39;regular&#39; eating with reduced eating windows (11am - 5pm). On weekends I might fast from 5pm on a Friday right the way through until 5pm on a Saturday. I also find myself sometimes just skipping meals. I love the feeling of going to bed &#39;light&#39;.

I have also been experimenting with fasted workouts, and extending the fast after my workout. I find all of the things I&#39;m doing to be quite effective - my body just feels better when it&#39;s had some time to recover from eating. I think using so many strategies definitely stops me stalling.

soror is offline Senior Member

I have just started and am experimenting w/ the alternate day fasting as well. Feels good so far.

Mama to 4, wife to my love

chima_p is offline Senior Member

You should checkout The Lean Saloon in the interwebs.

He has many good points.

In my opinion alternate day IF (ADIF) will give you the benefits of the hormone Grehlin but you won&#39;t have the benefits of sustained ketosis.

If you use the eating window IF (EWIF) you will initially get the effects of Grehlin but you will adapt after a few weeks but you will continue to get the advantages of sustained ketosis.

Of course you could then combine ADIF with EWIF by setting up an EWIF and then move your eating window around every few days to get the same effect as a ADIF. It would be easier with a shorter eating window.

FairyRae2 Guest

Thanks for the Lean Saloon rec--I&#39;m checking it out and learning more about all this!

I really appreciate the replies--keep them coming folks!!

AndreaC is offline Member

Chima

Can you give a few days example of what you mean in combining EWIF and ADIF?

I understand your concept but not the actual scheduling.

thanks

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

IF works better for me. I used to be a snacker, so if I give myself a window of time to eat in, I will easily abuse it.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

chima_p is offline Senior Member

@AndreaC

I do a Lean Gains EWIF which has a 16/8 eating window.

Usually I start eating around 3PM and my last snack is around 11PM. If I do this consistantly for 2 weeks I never feel hungry. So to switch it up I may not eat until 6PM and finish at 11PM or still start at 3PM but finish before 9PM (I usually do this on the days I go to the gym).

If the eating window was smaller like WD at 5 hours you could move the whole block around anywhere in the day you like once or twice a week.

I had been at my leanest since college eating this way. But then the holidays happened and we won&#39;t get into that haha! I am back on the 16/8 as of yesterday. I love it. It is very flexible and having a huge meal is awesome. The big meal is also where I consume most of my carbs.

maba is offline Senior Member

Wouldn&#39;t eating as many times within an eating window be same as grazing? I didn&#39;t realize I was EWIFing, but I typically have my first meal of the day around 12 or 1, which makes it a 14-15 hour fast and I tend to graze after that till dinner, which I want to completely avoid and instead just eat 2 large meals.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast