Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living off animal foods, avoiding vegetables. need sugestions, answers, etc page 2

marqueemoon is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdesimone View Post
    Why would you eat nothing but spinach for a whole day? Where did you get the impression that that would be a healthy and maintainable thing to do?

Popeye.

yeah, i'm finding strictly, animal proteins to acidify me too much, like cheese, egg whites,... and using the animal fats primarily, butter, egg yolk buttermilk. to balance acid. yeah, and i'll probably end up being forced to butter up my cabbage, or seaweed, to "alkalize", whatever that means.
    Well, all that crap about "acidifying/alkalizing" is physiologically impossible bullshit, so this makes literally no sense. Much like your original post and idea to eat either nothing but spinach or nothing but raw meat. WTF.

jackdesimone is offline Junior Member
    i know dude; i've done extreme things; i'm experimenting with my body, finding out what works for myself. i'm not perfect. i just want to know, what i NEED for my body, and what ADDICTIONS, I need to get rid of...

for instance, I realized my body has been able to survive, without CARBS, COOKED FOOD,

and I realized my body CAN'T survive without GENEROUS amounts of DIETARY FAT.

and greens / seaweed, help supposed "alkalinity", but NOW, i realize that I need to BUTTER them up, because the pesticides, man-made shit on them, (and avoid spinach, like the plague, because they have the highest oxalic acid, out of any green by 100x.)

and... i'm not sure how much protein I need... I know it's acidic to a degree... but i'm not sure... it might be an addiction, it might be a necessity.

but dude, like i'm sayin', go ISOLATE YOUR FOOD VARIABLES, and then you'll get smarter, but it's risky, and is dangerous... so to each there own.

jackdesimone is offline Junior Member
    the only veggies i see worth eating, are chlorophyll plants; I overcame my fruit, and carrot addictions, a couple months ago...
    NOW I"M FUCKING GOING ORGANIC!, LMAO, cause of fear of those chemicals, I've become sensitive to.

what produce do you cook?
    i hear cooking, reduces the veggies oxalic acids...maybe worth trying...

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Oh shut up.. I shouldn't even be bumping this. You're orthorexic.

How the hell would you know meat products acidify you too much? Did you test the PH of your stomach liquids or your blood or something? Chlorophyll plant BS... supposed sensitivity to "chemicals" on your produce (which I bet magically appeared as you learned about them). The things you are testing and "realizing" have already been determined and put together in the primal diet. Don't try to reinvent the wheel.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I don't know. There are cultures that eat almost nothing but meat, and they seem to have done fine over extended periods of time—centuries.
    Absolutely, but they ate pretty much the entire carcass. I wonder if the OP is eating liver and kidney's, let alone heart, intestines, brains, etc.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Well, if you want to look like a raw vegan (that is, like an emaciated cancer victim) then your raw small animal diet sounds ideal. Cooking is what makes us human, so why not eat lots of small barbecued animals with plenty of butter and lard to go with it.

Just my 2 cents, it's your life, etc.

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandadude View Post
    Oh shut up.. I shouldn't even be bumping this. You're orthorexic.

How the hell would you know meat products acidify you too much? Did you test the PH of your stomach liquids or your blood or something? Chlorophyll plant BS... supposed sensitivity to "chemicals" on your produce (which I bet magically appeared as you learned about them). The things you are testing and "realizing" have already been determined and put together in the primal diet. Don't try to reinvent the wheel.
    The primal diet, as written, is not right for everyone. Though I agree that the reasons given in this thread seem spurious, getting sick after eating spinach all day isn't really proof of a need to avoid all vegetables.

It is possible to eat animal products only, but you need to really know what you are doing. I'm no expert, though I am reducing fruit and veg due to needing to minimise starch in my diet due to an autoimmune disease. I'd rather go animal products only than go vegan, that's for sure lol.

I'm not sure what you mean about protein being an addiction. You can't really cut protein if you're not eating veggies can you?! I agree with others in the thread that there are some eating disorder flags in your post.

This may interest you The Carnivore’s Dilemma – A Diet of Just Meats and Fats? | The Primal Parent. There are carnivore forums out there too where you could probably get helpful advice, if you do really think you need to give this a go.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

norak is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdesimone View Post
    well, NOW, if I Did, ever eat vegetables again, It would Be only ORGANIC, CABBAGE... (cause I guess, the dark greens, carry the most oxalic acid; and I won't touch fruit, carrots, or potatoes) ..but probably raw sauerkraut, with probiotics...
    Why only cabbage? What's wrong with broccoli, cauliflower, onions, mushrooms, kale, salad greens, brussel sprouts or any of the other countless vegetables that are out there? I also think you should eat meat/fish/fowl and vegetables, not either or.
    Norak's Primal Journal:
    2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
    2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
    2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12