Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Help! I'm tired and I eat when I'm tired. page

  1. #1
    LVFitMama's Avatar
    LVFitMama is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    23

    Help! I'm tired and I eat when I'm tired.

    Shop Now
    I am doing the 30 Day Challenge and today is Day 4.

    Today is not going well. I am tired. Baby woke up last night due to teething and kept me up. I'm running on nothing. My problem is I would love to go back to sleep, rest. I didn't even workout today which is huge for me. I usually force myself to do some workout despite being tired. Okay, so I want to sleep, but I have 3 kids to take care of. Can't exactly leave them unsupervised. While one was napping I tried to get the other down. It took an hour and a half. She slept for 20 minutes. What happens when I'm exhausted. I eat and eat and eat and eat. My self control is gone when I'm tired. When I'm not tired I'm productive, thinking clearing and constantly moving. Tired, I wanna sit, I wanna sleep, and I wanna eat. So my original plan was to fast until lunch, but by 8:30 am I was hungry and struggling. So I had;

    B - 2 eggs, 1/2 avocado, salsa, and I made my kids some almond flour bread (no sugar added) which I ate. I didn't count, but I think I had 3 slices.

    By 10:30 am I was hungry.

    S - I had another 2 slices of "bread" with some almond butter and coconut oil

    Decided I was still hungry and instead of grazing to just have my lunch

    L - Spinach salad w/ balsamic vinnaigrette, leftover slow cooker chicken, and more bread.

    Then it got really interesting. Don't know what to call this "meal"

    ? - Lots 'o macadamias, more "bread" x2, almond butter, 2 bison dogs, 1 slice havarti, 1 slice lite cheddar

    The plan for dinner. Nothing. Lots of water and tea.

    Any suggestions and help in this area would be good. I'm really feeling out of control. A lot of times when I feel like I have "fallen off the wagon" I just quit. I won't quit! I want this! I want to figure it out.

    Things I am proud of:

    Haven't been snacking at night.
    Going to be before 10:30 pm.
    No night time tv.

  2. #2
    Yvonne PHX's Avatar
    Yvonne PHX Guest
    When I had babies in the house, I ate all day long. You're not eating because you lack self-control. You are eating because your body needs fuel. Are you breastfeeding? If so, eat. Your body needs these calories. As long as it's not junk, don't beat yourself up over it!

    Today, my youngest is 4. I sleep, I workout, I have time to cook. I can take a nap on the couch on a Sunday afternoon and trust the kids won't burn the house down. It gets better, Mama!! Hang in there!

  3. #3
    gunnk's Avatar
    gunnk is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Carrboro, NC
    Posts
    274
    I find that if I'm really tired I crave sugar. The only fix I found back when my daughter was an infant was to get more sleep -- much, much easier said than done!
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

  4. #4
    LVFitMama's Avatar
    LVFitMama is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnk View Post
    I find that if I'm really tired I crave sugar. The only fix I found back when my daughter was an infant was to get more sleep -- much, much easier said than done!

    Thanks for the support. Gonna put myself to bed tonight and leave what ever is undone, just that way. Undone.

  5. #5
    LVFitMama's Avatar
    LVFitMama is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
    When I had babies in the house, I ate all day long. You're not eating because you lack self-control. You are eating because your body needs fuel. Are you breastfeeding? If so, eat. Your body needs these calories. As long as it's not junk, don't beat yourself up over it!

    Today, my youngest is 4. I sleep, I workout, I have time to cook. I can take a nap on the couch on a Sunday afternoon and trust the kids won't burn the house down. It gets better, Mama!! Hang in there!

    I am nursing, but she turned a year old yesterday. Don't thinking I'm nursing all that often to eat the way I have today. Definitely not eating junk, just over eating.

    Thanks for the support. Good to know it gets better.

  6. #6
    JKC's Avatar
    JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    1,026
    Do the best you can to get the sleep you can. When you function on too little sleep you are basically impaired - no wonder you end up lacking self control. If there is anything you can do in your life to schedule some more time to sleep, I would go for it. See if you can convince daddy to get up a couple of times a week if there are issues. Neither baby nor daddy will die from it, and you will end up with better balance in your life.

    My youngest is 6 now, and as much as I love babies, I do not miss those sleep deprived days. I used to eat all day - I was in major burn out mode.
    Karin

    A joyful heart is good medicine

    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

    Mmmmm. Real food is good.

    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

  7. #7
    LVFitMama's Avatar
    LVFitMama is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by JKC View Post
    Do the best you can to get the sleep you can. When you function on too little sleep you are basically impaired - no wonder you end up lacking self control. If there is anything you can do in your life to schedule some more time to sleep, I would go for it. See if you can convince daddy to get up a couple of times a week if there are issues. Neither baby nor daddy will die from it, and you will end up with better balance in your life.

    My youngest is 6 now, and as much as I love babies, I do not miss those sleep deprived days. I used to eat all day - I was in major burn out mode.
    Thank you. Your word of encouragement reminds me thereof light at the end of this tunnel.

  8. #8
    John Nugent's Avatar
    John Nugent is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    22
    You are eating good food so that's a bonus. At least it's not carb cravings that you give in to. I reckon you should relax, stop working out so much and give yourself time rest. Let yourself recover. Looking after babies is a fulltime job and very demanding.

  9. #9
    supersellen's Avatar
    supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    892
    You may try increasing your breakfast to set a more satisfied tone for the day.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

  10. #10
    CE402's Avatar
    CE402 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    230
    I see a lot of pseudo food, even if using primal ingredients are used, and little real meat.

    Try starting your day with two pan fried chicken breasts. I like coating them with macadamia oil, seasoning them with garlic, paprika and white pepper, then coating with flakes coconut before tossing them in a pan with hot coconut oil. I'll then sauté some onions and peppers in the pan, and eat that with two or three fried eggs. Sometimes I'll add some fried plantains, too.

    I'm a big eater, been known to eat 3/4 of a chicken, and 1+ pound steaks easy. I'll TRY to choke that down after a workout and not only can't manage to finish it, but Im often not even hungry by dinner. Which is a problem when I'm targeting 3500-4000 calories/day without dairy.

    More real food, less nuts, less paleo "bread," less sausage, less "cheese" (wtf is 'lite cheddar?'). You're still taking in a lot of frankenfoods and omega-6 fatty acids with all the nuts and bread...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •