Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! I'm tired and I eat when I'm tired. page 2

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Agreed with the poster above.

Geez, I'm just a sedentary childless woman, I spend most of my day at the computer or doing light house chores, and I STILL eat 3 eggs for breakfast, and more often than not, I have a ton of beef or chicken with those eggs. And I'm still losing a ton of body fat!

I usually eat around 7 or 7:30. That usually leaves me full until 2-3 PM, where I'll eat another big meal. That usually leaves me full until the next day, though I might have a small salad around 6 if I get hungry.

Now, you have 3 kids to take care of, and you are breastfeeding, even if it's just a little. You NEED to take care of yourself! You don't want to sacrifice yourself to your children and ruin your health. Eat. Eat well. But eat real food, not cake or rabbit food (lettuce salads).

If I had so much almond flour bread like you did, I'd also end up very hungry and tired. The more carbs I eat, the more I want. It never ends unless I cut it cold.

Bread is cake, cake is bread, it's all the same. Would you eat cake for breakfast?
    Good luck. I know you can do it :-) Just need a push in the right direction!

Edit: don't force yourself to work out if you are tired. You'll make your health worse. You seem really stressed, so just use that time to sleep or relax!
    Last edited by abstractpersona; 09-16-2011 at 07:16 AM.
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

LVFitMama is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CE402 View Post
    I see a lot of pseudo food, even if using primal ingredients are used, and little real meat.

Try starting your day with two pan fried chicken breasts. I like coating them with macadamia oil, seasoning them with garlic, paprika and white pepper, then coating with flakes coconut before tossing them in a pan with hot coconut oil. I'll then sauté some onions and peppers in the pan, and eat that with two or three fried eggs. Sometimes I'll add some fried plantains, too.

I'm a big eater, been known to eat 3/4 of a chicken, and 1+ pound steaks easy. I'll TRY to choke that down after a workout and not only can't manage to finish it, but Im often not even hungry by dinner. Which is a problem when I'm targeting 3500-4000 calories/day without dairy.

More real food, less nuts, less paleo "bread," less sausage, less "cheese" (wtf is 'lite cheddar?'). You're still taking in a lot of frankenfoods and omega-6 fatty acids with all the nuts and bread...
    You are right. The food I ate yesterday was crap, but like I said. Not the usual. This is my tired me. Not the energetic, well rested, productive, happy me. I know in a better state I would not eat those foods. Why do I have them because I'm slowly "Primalizing" my kids. Thanks for the ideas. You also maybe right that I need a heartier breakfast. Gonna experiment with that. Just not sure because I usually work out a few hours after breakfast and don't like a really full belly when I workout. Thanks again.

LVFitMama is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by abstractpersona View Post
    Agreed with the poster above.

Geez, I'm just a sedentary childless woman, I spend most of my day at the computer or doing light house chores, and I STILL eat 3 eggs for breakfast, and more often than not, I have a ton of beef or chicken with those eggs. And I'm still losing a ton of body fat!

I usually eat around 7 or 7:30. That usually leaves me full until 2-3 PM, where I'll eat another big meal. That usually leaves me full until the next day, though I might have a small salad around 6 if I get hungry.

Now, you have 3 kids to take care of, and you are breastfeeding, even if it's just a little. You NEED to take care of yourself! You don't want to sacrifice yourself to your children and ruin your health. Eat. Eat well. But eat real food, not cake or rabbit food (lettuce salads).

If I had so much almond flour bread like you did, I'd also end up very hungry and tired. The more carbs I eat, the more I want. It never ends unless I cut it cold.

Bread is cake, cake is bread, it's all the same. Would you eat cake for breakfast?
    Good luck. I know you can do it :-) Just need a push in the right direction!

Edit: don't force yourself to work out if you are tired. You'll make your health worse. You seem really stressed, so just use that time to sleep or relax!
    Thank you! I am learning so much from all of you. It also goes to show that Mark was right you need to experiment. Different things work for different people. As for the bread. It was a mistake to make that on a day that I was lacking energy. Now I know better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12