Thread: Difficulties reaching goal weight? page

magz213 is offline Junior Member

Difficulties reaching goal weight?

Primal Fuel
    I'm wondering if anyone has had any difficulties reaching a goal or "dream" weight while following the Paleo lifestyle. I know that Paleo is geared towards having a healthier lifestyle and mindset, with weight loss being a pleasant side effect, but I do have a weight I would be thrilled to see on the scale on a consistent basis. I follow Paleo pretty strictly, and have been experimenting with I/F this week. Am I on the right track? Is it nuts to dream that I could reach my revered 115 lbs (I'm 5'3", in my mid-twenties), or even 110?? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Nocciola is offline Member
    Hey magz,

I think, philosophically, the weight loss is and should be more "incidental" but like MANY people out there, I have some specific goals. I got down to an excellent maintainable low weight for me, at 119, and I am happy here though I want to keep improving body comp, strength, and endurance. I just want to be the best I can be and I think that whatever happens after this point, with continued tweaks and efforts, will just be icing on the meat-cake of primal. I just feel this is the healthiest, easiest to maintain lifestyle for me - that yields results, and keeps me constantly engaged and making the kind of efforts that don't feel like awful sacrifices but more like awesome challenges. So in short, yes I think it is possible, but I wouldn't worry about it too much (though we all do) it also has a lot to do with your starting weight and your patience and all of that...I IF too, and for me that sort of takes care of the maintenence part of things for me. It's another variable to play with - of many.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I am hovering around 120 now for the last month or so, which a good weight for me, but I don't know if I had a goal weight. I guess I feel my body knows better what weight that is than I do.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html