Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best online food/nutrient calculators page

kermie is offline Member

Best online food/nutrient calculators

Primal Fuel
    Hello,

I plan on more closely monitoring what I eat by tracking it daily to ensure that I am getting everything that I need. Is there a website or (preferably) an iPhone app that lets you enter in food and gives you the macro and micro nutrient content, etc? I am also trying to see minerals as well. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

kermie

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I like nutritiondata.com, but I know lots of people here use fitday.com, and some use spark people
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Bamaphotopro is offline Senior Member
    I'm one of those that uses fitday,com, but only for the reason that Mark recommended it in the book. I need to check out nutritiondata.com.
    Bamaphotopro - Wedding & Portrait Photographer, Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Age 56 - Quad Bypass Survivor, Sept. 16, 2005
    Went Primal - 8/22/2011 - 218 lbs.
    9/13/2011 - 206 lbs. (Wife Noticed!)
    Next Goal - 200 lbs. - Leaner & Stronger

http://www.momentsnoticed.com

Facebook Personal Profile (Friend Me!):
    http://www.facebook.com/Bamaphotopro

Facebook Pro Page (Be a Fan!):
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Moment...C/111048610165

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Fitday records multiple days at a time, but nutritiondata does only one day at a time (which you can download into a spreadsheet if you really want to). Where nutritiondata excels is the level of detail on the nutrients you are taking in. You can monitor your omega 3:6 ratio and how much of almost all your vitamin and minerals you are taking in. You can also adjust your RDA amounts to what you feel is appropriate.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I've just started using CRON 0 Meter. Which I like a lot. The foods eaten are easy to record - and the resulting charts of vitamin RDA % are great.

With FitDay, I could eat masses and then be told that I was way low on some nutrients, vitamins or minerals. Which I simply couldn't believe.

With CRON o meter, I tap in my daily food eaten and am much more able to believe the results given. Even potassium and magnesium are where I would expect them to be, i.e. over the 100% RDA. Only calcium and vitamin D tend to be too low.

I am going for a weeks vacation, but when I get back I shall use BOTH Fitday and Cron o meter and see just how widely different the two are!

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I have just checked breakfast on both cronometer and fitday. Hugely different results. I think I tend to believe fitday more - 3 sausages, 85 grams of broccolli, 3 cherry plum tomatoes and a pat of butter CANNOT give me 77% of the days nutritional requirements met! Like, 7111% Manganese RDA, 224% Potassium RDA, 432% protein or 90% fat!!

Fitday seems much more conservative and , hopefully, correct!

blueballoon is offline Member
    I also like nutritiondata.com I just double check every once in a while to monitor O3:O6 ratios and other nutrient profiles.
    My blog (primal after 8/5/11).

catholicchick is offline Senior Member
    Try out DailyBurn. They have an iphone app as well.

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    Cronometer rocks! Breadsauce, when you start a profile on cronometer, you have to adjust your protein/carbs etc. to what you want them to be Of course you have 90% of the daily protein with 3 sausages, I think the food guide recommendation is 15g or something equally absurd LMAO!

PapaGrok is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I've been using paleotrack.com lately. It's very new but it has lots of potential: it's specifically designed for the paleo diet and PB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast