Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut milk - HELP! page

Mr.M is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Since I've been 100% primal for about 3 months now, I've begun to appreciate (love?) coconut oil for its uses... So, went to costco and spotted, and bought, 12 cans of coconut milk to try and use in whatever-I-can-use-it-in.

That's where you guys come in! How do you groks and grokettes prefer to use coconut milk? Drinks? curry? treats?

I've got PLENTY to use up so appreciate all suggestions! Thanks!

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Oh goodies, so many choices I like it in curries and soups. Mark just posted a link to a great broccoli soup that is based on coconut milk. I also love making almond or coconut flour pancakes. Drinks are great too. Just mix your coconut milk with an equal amount of water. Mix it with your eggs to make them fluffy and flavorful. Heck, eat it right out of the can

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2009/10/11/coconut-drink-recipe/

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2009/09/14/coconut-lime-chicken-soup/

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2009/09/18/pina-colada-pork-with-cauliflower-rice/

(recipes from my blog)

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

JamieBelle is offline Member

Mostly I use it in my morning whey protein shake. I mix 4 oz CM, 8 oz water, and 1 scoop whey. Sometimes when i feel the need to really fatten up, so to speak, I'll use 6 oz of milk instead of 4.

I also can just drink it straight out of the can. Maybe that makes me weird? I just love it.

I bought 4 12-can cases a couple months ago. I love to buy in bulk.

Judging by the comments I think I made a "smoothie" in a pretty incorrect fashion last night. Went something like:

1 cup pineapple

1 cup cottage cheese

1/2 cup coconut milk

NO water/ice (dammit!)

Whew, lets just say I won't be doing that again. Oh well, live and learn eh?

Flynavy - yeah I saw a couple of those recipes and will have to try them out .

Thanks for the suggestions btw everybody.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

haha Mr. M ... I made a smoothie the other day too. I didn't want to add too much water/ice because I was trying for something calorie-dense. It ended up being like sherbet or something. I ate it with a spoon out of a bowl. Sounds good but... I'm not a huge ice cream/sherbet person and I got really really cold. hahahah.

Lemmie know if you try my recipes! I'd love to hear how you like it (or if you hate it).

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I put a couple tablespoons of coconut milk in my tea -- two to four mugs a day.

I also like to pour it over a bowlful of berries or sliced peaches.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

FairyRae2 Guest

meatman is offline Junior Member

I make a pretty simple soup.

Chicken Broth

Coconut milk

Spices + Vegetables of your choice

Shredded chicken or Shrimp

-------------------------------

Cook the protein.

Boil the veggies in the broth with spices.

Stir in the coconut milk and you're done.

Hah - so I decided to try just 1 cup coconut milk and 2 cups water. MAN. SO much tastier and easier to drink (as opposed to pretty much full milk..).

Flynavy - i'll try your drink when I get around to picking up some flavoring, haha, sounds good tho!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast