Thread: My town is having it's first ever Ribfest! page

marthat is offline Senior Member

My town is having it's first ever Ribfest!

We're a small city, about 25,000. For the first time ever, we are having an officially sanctioned Ribfest event here. Very exciting, they are setting up a small tent city in a local park. All ribs, pulled pork, chicken. Carnivore's heaven. I know there's lots of sugar in the sauces, but still... WOW!! The only problem is that I am out of town this weekend, running a half marathon. But hubby and son (who are working their way toward Primal) are going to go fill their faces in my stead.

Hope it comes back next year - I'll be there!

Any comments or recommendations from those of you experienced at Ribfests?

Monty is offline Senior Member
    Bring lots of money. The one in Rochester NY charged to get in plus all the vendors charge a regular price. Look for samples, which are priced a dollar or two.
    My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Admission is free, but based on the website info, the food is pricey, I noticed. The portions are enormous, though. And it's a partial fundraiser, which always makes for higher prices. I'm surprised that you have to pay for samples, but I guess that's how they make the charity money.