Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eggs Eggs Eggs page

Adventure_Becons is offline Junior Member

Eggs Eggs Eggs

Shop Now
    Fellow Primates,
    As I'm preparing to transition from Raw to Primal ways of eating, I need your inputs on all things pertaining to eggs.

1. White Eggs Vs Brown Eggs
    What's the difference? And which one is better?

2. Naturally laid Eggs Vs Mass Produced Eggs
    I'm currently in India. Unlike US, obtaining free range eggs in India seems to be hard. I'm still searching for a good provider. Wondering if there would be any side effects in consuming Industrially ProducedEggs. Apparently free range eggs are more expensive compared to the other ones. While cost is not an issue, procurement seems to be difficult.

3. Cooked Vs Raw Eggs
    Which one has most bio-available nutrition? I plan to have my post workout smoothies with couple of eggs. Would it facilitate faster recovery and muscle growth or should I just pop open and make a couple of omelettes?

Thanks in advance.

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member
    i may be wrong on this point but i think alot of organic eggs tend to be different colors and pure white is more of a mass produced thing...obviously the cream of the crop is free range organic eggs if you can get them youre looking at higher nutrient ratios as well as better omega 3-6 ratios and a better fat ratio overall and of course no crap hormones or anything...as to the cooking point the only thing ive ever heard about the problem with eating raw is the avidin in the..yolk? i think its the yolk ..yolk or white doesnt matter anyway it supposedly deactivates our bodies ability to digest biotin which can be quite an issue especially for women who eat alot of eggs...personally the way i look at it is cook the eggs always if you rlly want to do raw then make it in a shake post workout ..only time id do it rlly! cheers

jsa23 is offline Senior Member
    1. Color's not a big deal, but generally the organic/cage free eggs I buy are varying shades of brown, while most regular eggs are white.

2. The biggest difference is in the n3-n6 ration - namely, free range eggs tend to have a bit more n-3 fats when compared with conventional eggs, which is probably a good thing.

3. The general consensus is that yolks are OK both ways, but it's better to have whites cooked. I don't remember the precise explanation, but it relates to some kind of anti-nutrient in the white that gets de-activated when it is cooked - making nutrients more bioavailable, I believe. Someone else can probably explain the deal with egg whites situation better than myself.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    We live in India as well!

According to my husband, the white eggs are broiler chicken eggs, and brown eggs are from chickens that run around. In that case, brown eggs are better. The yolks of white eggs are lighter yellow.

I find duck eggs the best-- the yolk is a bright orange color and looks the healthiest.

tom05 is offline Member
    i was interested about the colour of eggs a while back so i started doing some searching on the net, and it turns out it just depends on the specific species of chicken, in terms or nutrients they are virtually identical. that said, id imagine one could argue a specific type of chicken was more consistent with free range eggs, and one was more consistent with battery chickens, however, i buy giant double yoke free range eggs from my local market and they are off white.
    colour = not a big deal

dado Guest
    3) cooked

eggs eggs from my head to my legs oh yea

kbn1 is offline Senior Member
    As others have said, the color of the shell depends on the breed of the chicken and not on the way they are raised.

Beth_D is offline Junior Member
    Yes, shell color is indicative of breed. We have blue and green and brown and white shelled eggs in our fridge, ATM, all from the same farmer.

SlimIcy is offline Senior Member
    I'd be wary of regularly eating raw eggs that you buy from "Industrially Produced Eggs" suppliers. Not that you should never, but every day might be pressing your luck. If you plan on eating them raw regularly I'd do my best to find a local source where you at least have some idea where they're coming from.

dado Guest
    Well, I wouldn't eat them raw anyway. Less protein gets absorbed than when you eat cooked eggs. That's how I understand the situation, right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast