Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan to require BMI reports on kids page

texas.grok is offline Senior Member

Michigan to require BMI reports on kids

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    From the article:

Gov. Rick Snyder plans to direct doctors in Michigan to begin monitoring the body weight of their young patients and provide the data to a state registry in one of the most extensive government efforts to address the growing problem of pediatric obesity, the Associated Press has learned.
    Michigan to require BMI reports on kids | MLive.com

Anybody else see where this is going? Continued erosion of what few rights we have, you can bet the Michigan will follow in the foot steps of the UK where they have already taken obese kids away from their parents.

Now, I full agree that our kids in this country are fat and that needs to change but doing it under the treat of some type of intervention from any level of government is wrong. It is no more the business of how fat our kids are than how fat we are, if and what we smoke, what we eat, what we drink, etc.

Plus you can bet that when these kids start getting reported the only advice given to the parents (assuming they are allowed to keep their kids) is going to be nothing but CW filled government bullshit that has been formed by the massive food and drug company lobbies.

What is next? State mandated bariatric surgery for children?

Free country my ass!
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

kenn is offline Senior Member
    From the article:

Michigan to require BMI reports on kids | MLive.com

Anybody else see where this is going? Continued erosion of what few rights we have, you can bet the Michigan will follow in the foot steps of the UK where they have already taken obese kids away from their parents.

Now, I full agree that our kids in this country are fat and that needs to change but doing it under the treat of some type of intervention from any level of government is wrong. It is no more the business of how fat our kids are than how fat we are, if and what we smoke, what we eat, what we drink, etc.

Plus you can bet that when these kids start getting reported the only advice given to the parents (assuming they are allowed to keep their kids) is going to be nothing but CW filled government bullshit that has been formed by the massive food and drug company lobbies.

What is next? State mandated bariatric surgery for children?

Free country my ass!
    Americans live in the delusion they are most free country in the world because it's constantly drilled into their despite the obvious overwhelming evidence that it is not a country that values liberty and freedom anymore. Few kids are taught the central concept that government get it's rights from the people rather than the other way around.

All hail the state and the freedom it gives us!
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Paleobird Guest
    Oh, please! Calm the f*ck down. They are gathering data. Nobody is taking anyones's kids away.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Oh, please! Calm the f*ck down. They are gathering data. Nobody is taking anyones's kids away.
    Historically these things have always started like this. Regulations put into place to gather data, etc, etc. Gun registration is a classic example. The requirement to register guns has always preceded confiscation of guns, it has happened in California as well as other states.

Bottom line for me however its that it is not the governments job to force my kids doctor to gather information about my kid such as this and give it to the government. It is none of their business.

While this program seems harmless enough on the surface, trust me, it won't stop there. Because after all, once they gather this data, they are going to feel the need to do something about their findings, "for the children" of course. And it will result in further tax payer programs and forced requirements on parents on what (CW) food to feed their kids. When their kids continue to get sicker on the CW diet, it will be blamed back on the parents for not doing it right.

This seems pretty harmless now but it won't stop with just gathering data.

Paleobird Guest
    I see the tinfoil hat is down over yours ears and eyes. No point in this discussion. Bye.

I see the tinfoil hat is down over yours ears and eyes. No point in this discussion. Bye.
    there are groups pushing this agenda to remove kids from homes and assume that government as usual knows what is best for kids

denouncing with no valid counterpoints and then bailing the thread, everyone who has a different POV than you is crazy...

typical pattern for you

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    FreeRangeKids

recommended as it pertains to the topic of government and kids

*adjusts tinfoil hat to cocky, rakish angle*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    FreeRangeKids

recommended as it pertains to the topic of government and kids

*adjusts tinfoil hat to cocky, rakish angle*

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they ain't out to get me
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Actually, I support this to some extent. You see stories in the news about the parents that get arrested and/or lose their kids because they starve them. Why isn't it the other way around? If parents do not provide their child proper nutrition, and the child's health suffers, shouldn't someone step in? There are kids in middle school with diabetes and high blood pressure, solely because the parents neglect making sure they were eating properly. When my sister and I were getting a little pudgy as kids, my parents did something about it. My wife and I did the same thing for our children.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast