Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too much exercise? page 2

cranehigh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm beginning to think that the whole deal with chronic cardio has less to do with how much a person is exercising, and more to do with what it feels like when you do it. I feel like there's a world of difference between an hour grinding miles out on a treadmill, and an hour doing zumba with friends. If I'm approaching exercise with grim determination, that's a danger sign. If it's fun and interesting and a challenge I can't wait to get back to, that's something else entirely.

Have fun, watch out for signs of fatigue, and do what you like to do.

sstan03 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tplank View Post
    I can't help but think you are over medicated. Why don't you list your blood work numbers and get a little feed back from other people here that know a bit about this stuff. But, when I see what sounds like a reasonably healthy person that is also fairly young taking a medicine cabinet daily, that sets off a lot of red flags in my mind. Powerful medications like those mess with all kinds of things.
    I am about due for another set of blood tests. I will get my last results and post when i get home.

sstan03 is offline Junior Member
    I posted my blood lab work over in the cholesterol topic at:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread4723-25.html
    Thanks.

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    Hi again Sean, just came from that other thread.
    Since you seem to have trouble staying asleep, are you tired during the day? If you're stressed and tired, I think it would be better to forget about exercise
    Maybe instead of exercising, you should take a nap in your car ;-)

It would be better for your health to get the extra sleep, than it is to exercise. This is also true for weight loss, specially since you are Hypothyroid (assuming you are, since you take T-4)

I think just doing this diet and sleeping well, you'd be able to lose a lot of that weight. Then once you feel better, you could start exercising again to get rid of the rest of the weight.
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sstan03 View Post
    Stress is pretty high. I have a fast paced job with an ever changing target/goal. I get to work by 5:30 AM and usually leave around 4:30 PM. I do take time in the middle of the day to go to my Krav Maga classes so I get to relieve some of the stresses of the day there. The classes I attend are more of the actual self-defense level but are very similar to the crossfit ideas. When I get home, I am usually worn out but have 2 wonderful kids that want my time. I know I can get grumpy with them at times but try my best not to.
    Currently, I am on meds for Cholesterol (Welchol), Triglycerides (Tricor and Niaspan), Thyroid (L-Thyroxin) and Low-T (Androderm). I also take vit. D3 as blood work shows i am low on vit D. I also take a baby aspirin each night. My cholesterol numbers have gotten better in the past year as I have cut out the junk carbs (processed stuff).
    I have been doing Krav Maga for a little over a year now (started out slow, 2 X a week and have moved up to 4 X a week). Before that I was in the gym 4 -5 X a week, lifting weights and doing chronic cardio.
    I am 43 years old and weigh in around 225 - 230 lbs. and am 5' 10" tall.
    I know i do not get the sleep i should but i am working on trying to get that under control. I try to get to bed by 9 PM and am up by 4:30 AM. I have issues staying asleep, as i will wake up through out the night and sometimes i can not get back to sleep. I have had sleep studies done and do not suffer from sleep apnea.
    Thanks for your input.
    Ok, this changes my opinion. You have some serious hallmarks of stress. It sounds like your cortisol is jacked. If you can't get the stress under control, you may need to back off on the Krav. Start by finding something active to reduce your stress-yoga, meditation, tai-chi, church, CBT, whatever works for you. I know the last thing you want to do is add something, but most things like this are not time-intensive. You've gotta address that cortisol before it turns into Adrenal Fatigue. It will likely also fix your blood lipids, allowing you to get off all those drugs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12