Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malls. Are they primal? page

danmerk23 is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Here in the cold northern Great Lakes region we are getting pounded with snow. I don't enjoy the cold and my wife is expecting so we stay indoors more so than ever. Yesterday I was doing some shopping I discovered that one of our local indoor shopping malls had enough space that we could do our "Move more often" part of fitness indoors and not be bound to a treadmill. We both agreed during these snowy days that we would be taking our walking shoes (my Vibrams) to the mall and going for hikes. I'll keep my pedometer and try to get in 1 hour sessions and see the distance we go. Heck, we can even hit a few different malls or buildings to get in workouts.

I just had a second thought-- public stairways. We could climb stairs for sprinting days.

Any other ideas for indoor workouts?

*Note we workout at home and wanted to get outside more.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a great idea to me. Just avoid the food court. hahaha.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Ooh my nemesis was always Auntie Anne's...those damn buttery pretzels. Anyway, you can actually go to malls early, like at 8 I think in most places, and do some actual power walking. That way there are no crowds to negotiate, unless you want that. You might even meet some old people and women with strollers

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Why not? I used to see people power-walking at a local WalMart all the time

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Last week I went to see Avatar at our local 14-plex movie theatre, which is two stories high and with hallways about as long as a football field. My husband and I easily avoided the hundreds of people using the escalators by taking the adjoining stairs. As usual, we were the ONLY people using the stairs.

The carpets have a very busy checkerboard and diamond pattern, and I've been known to embarrass my children horribly by dancing back and forth across the patterns on the way to the theatre.

hfox is offline Junior Member

hannahc and dragonmamma--LOL!!!

one_eye_mike Guest

I'm really trying not to be a pain here, but, what is the fascination with being primal in every respect? I don't get it. Are you going to reject your house and comfortable bed and start sleeping on some leaves in a cave?

I take the best of what is primal and what modern society has brought us. I see no benefit to question if you should be walking in the mall over freezing your keister off in the cold. Primal isn't a religion to be worshipped.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I enjoy walking the mall for exercise. I live in NY and it's hard to get in enough "moving slowly" outside of work. Going to the mall helps, and it's really not that hard to avoid temptation.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Oh mike, the OP is just asking for indoor options for his pregnant wife that don't involve treadmills. It's not about being primal in every respect, it's just about not freezing! Some people can tolerate extreme cold, or like the snow...others would rather not be out in it. I think mall walking is a great idea, especially in the mornings, and especially when you get cabin fever like I do and hate being in the house all the time.

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast