Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Radical Unschoolers around? page

SuBee is offline Member

Other Radical Unschoolers around?

Primal Fuel
    Hi--

Just wondering if there are other folks on this forum who are radical unschoolers who would be interested in discussing how becoming/being primal has affected you and your kids?

I thought it might be useful to have a thread where people could bring ideas about living with kids while trying to eat a particular way, without having a ton of discussion about why pop-tarts are still on the grocery list : )

shannon is offline Senior Member
    hi subee! not sure if you're still around or not, but we are an unschooling family! would love to discuss.
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Un-schooling; is that the period where you take your children out of school on the path to home-schooling? We home-school, perhaps, it would be nearer un-school if I had a definition.

Edit: Found the wiki-definition of un-schooling; that sounds a little like us.
    Last edited by pdjesson; 06-25-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Former unschoolers; oldest decided to go back to school, middle child and i followed suit so the youngest will be too. though i don't know if we were truly "radical" as i did impose authority on my kids once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by pdjesson View Post
    Un-schooling; is that the period where you take your children out of school on the path to home-schooling? We home-school, perhaps, it would be nearer un-school if I had a definition.
    unschooling isn't concerned with a curriculum, we just let the learning happen on its own. it's quite amazing what you'll find when children pursue their interests
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    We've been unschooling our 14 yr. old son for about 4 years. We love it, we just follow his interests. When we first started homeschooling I bought various curriculum and rarely used it. I could have saved a lot of money and stress if I'd trusted unschooling a little sooner. It would be great to hear from other unschoolers.

hi, urban! we are brand new to the unschooling scene and so far it has been great! a little strange still, but i'm sure i will adjust i've seen many positive changes in our lil ladies.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Not a parent, but I love the idea and wish you all great success!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    *waves* Hello, we call it autonomous education, but that just to keep BIG BROTHER happy, unschooling fits pretty well, as does random flitting and bizzare passions etc etc.

@ pdjesson, you are thinking of de-schooling, the period of time you need to get school out of the system of a previously schooled (or institutionalised) child, normally about month per year.

Goin primal has started some interesting conversation with the eldest (10) about how people eat, evil corporations, health, not taking things at face value, doing your own reseach, how the govenment are lying to us and keeping us on grains like cattle as that's how they see us, Oh and sparked a pretty deep interestest in human evolution too.

The middle one dosn't really understand as she is 3, and the littlest one is only 7 mnths so just makes cute noises, sleeps, farts and has milkies
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    REALLY thrilled that the primal community has so many unschooling families nice to meet y'all!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast