Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you kicked the Diet Soda habit? How? page

croí is offline Senior Member

Have you kicked the Diet Soda habit? How?

Shop Now
    I'm losing weight every week, so this is really is an effort to become more healthy. I drink 1-2 cans of diet Mt. Dew or Coke Zero almost every day. I think I'm craving the carbon. I know it's not healthy for me because of the fake sugar and such. At first I would call this my 20%.. but lets get real.. Drinking this crap everyday is not healthy.

Everyday I eat:
    Protein
    Veggies
    3 eggs
    coconut oil (w. the eggs)
    a small handful of nuts (only sea salt added)

Again.. I'm losing weight every week. However, I can't seem to find anything enjoyable to drink. I can't drink coffee unless it has a coffee-mate creamer. So, that's out. I've tried every flavor of tea under the sun (hot and cold).. still not hitting the spot. Water? Eh.. But it seems to be the only thing available that is primal.

So folks how did you kick you diet soda habit?

Paleobird Guest
    Try switching to kombucha instead.

apple is offline Senior Member
    Kombucha or water-kefir. There are countless water-kefir "soda" recipes online that you can find that use juice as a base and the kefir grains eat up the sugar to create carbonation. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to soon! Once I get some mason jars.
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I just can't drink it now. It's literally too sweet for me. I've been able to drink plain coffee/tea for awhile now. Not sure how it happened, all I know is that it did.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I just can't drink it now. It's literally too sweet for me. I've been able to drink plain coffee/tea for awhile now. Not sure how it happened, all I know is that it did.
    Samesies.

I started diluting soda way before I even heard of primal. Literally "cut" your soda with water, progressively make it more water and less soda. If I have soda (or fruit juice) at all, this is how I have it, otherwise it's just too damn sweet.

Mind you, the point is to cut back, so don't just add water to your 2 can per day habit, but rather go back to 1 can or half a can and stretch it out using water.

Littlesigh is offline Senior Member
    Like me....Get sick while drinking it and other things...violent vomiting...psychological relationship.... :-) Or just read the label and have a "DOH" moment
    Living the dream, inside a myth

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Try switching to kombucha instead.
    Doesn't this have sugar in it?

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Samesies.

I started diluting soda way before I even heard of primal. Literally "cut" your soda with water, progressively make it more water and less soda. If I have soda (or fruit juice) at all, this is how I have it, otherwise it's just too damn sweet.

Mind you, the point is to cut back, so don't just add water to your 2 can per day habit, but rather go back to 1 can or half a can and stretch it out using water.
    Good Point! The goal is to cut it out compeletly... but I'm kinda of tired of just plain water.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlesigh View Post
    Like me....Get sick while drinking it and other things...violent vomiting...psychological relationship.... :-) Or just read the label and have a "DOH" moment
    Yes, I understand it's bad for me. But again.. cant drink coffee without a creamer. Not really digging tea. I'm bored with plain water. It's just not in my head that diet soda will kill me if everything I consume is Primal. But I do want to kick the habit, but not finding a suitable replacement in the Primal world.

shrona is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Do you like flavored fizzy water? Perrier makes a good grapefruit flavor, and my Costco sells Perrier and Crystal Geyser. I kicked the habit by always having a cold fizzy water and pitcher of iced tea in the fridge. You could add one of those liquid stevia flavors (I use NuNaturals vanilla stevia) to iced tea or fizzy water to make it closer to the diet soda experience? (And perhaps you would like iced tea if it was sweetened somehow?) Worth a shot!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast