Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leptin Reset - Eating Breakfast while getting 2 toddlers ready & yourself?? page

Leptin Reset - Eating Breakfast while getting 2 toddlers ready & yourself??

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey. I know there are a lot of people doing the Leptin Reset. I am sure that I need it, but am having a hard time figuring out the best way to get all that protein when I get up. A little about me: I commute about an hour from my home, I have 2 toddlers that I take to daycare before work. I tried to start last week, got up early to eat my 50g protein (eggs and steak) and nearly threw up from all the food. I could not eat it all. I need to probably eat a more protein dense item in the morning so my quantity of food is smaller. I would love to hear what you are doing that works well for a quick, smaller meal.

Thanks!
    My journey for health, energy and a balanced life page http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36813.html

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    eat less at night. youll be hungrier in the morning. 50 grams of protein really isnt that much food. a few eggs and a small (5-6oz) piece of steak should get you there easily

Thanks. I will try that. The idea of a shake seamed good, but I'm not sure what I would put in it since I can't have fruit or whey. Does anyone make shakes and what do you put in them?
    My journey for health, energy and a balanced life page http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36813.html

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyrunmommy View Post
    Hey. I know there are a lot of people doing the Leptin Reset. I am sure that I need it, but am having a hard time figuring out the best way to get all that protein when I get up. A little about me: I commute about an hour from my home, I have 2 toddlers that I take to daycare before work. I tried to start last week, got up early to eat my 50g protein (eggs and steak) and nearly threw up from all the food. I could not eat it all. I need to probably eat a more protein dense item in the morning so my quantity of food is smaller. I would love to hear what you are doing that works well for a quick, smaller meal.

Thanks!
    Here's what I do... I'll make an12 egg frittata w/ sausage, mushrooms, spinach, onions..etc on sunday night. or eggs cups for the whole week. I'm working on getting up earlier - b/c I now have to start working on site w/my clients, instead of working from home. I've started showering at night - so I don't have to do my hair or anything...just throw on a little makeup, work clothes, get the kids up, get them changed etc...get them downstairs and heat up the frittata w/ some sausage or yogurt for the kids. I try to have every one sitting down to eat bkfst by 7am... doesn't always work out...but we're getting more efficient... If I didnt' make something for bkfst the night before - I'll do leftovers... or I'll get up earlier to make my eggs/meat and get the kids started on their breakfast by 7.... the egg cups are great - b/c each is 1 egg + meat...and its a nice treat for each kid... good start to a good day for them... I'd need 4 egg cups + some meat to = my 50g of protein...but eh....if its one less thing to make in the am... it makes life easeir

btw - it may take a while for you to adjust to eating more food at bkfst... one of my go to bkfst is a 3egg omelet and a salmon burger....quite tasty!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Thanks. I will try that. The idea of a shake seamed good, but I'm not sure what I would put in it since I can't have fruit or whey. Does anyone make shakes and what do you put in them?
    You want to stay away from shakes as they can provide an insulin spike.
    Georgette

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    You just have to find something you like enough to eat a lot of it in the morning. (For me, it's hamburger with onions and shredded cheese. Yum!) You'll probably do best to eat leftovers from the night before.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

The egg muffins is a good idea - maybe eating the eggs plain was the problem. I definately will try that. I would love to feed my kids before they go to daycare - they eat an aweful SAD there. I thought also that I could do bacon burgers (no cheese) wrapped in lettuce - which I love - but I would need like 8 - 9oz of beef to get 50g.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    You want to stay away from shakes as they can provide an insulin spike.
    I remember seeing on the Jack Kruse site that he makes shakes with eggs - that's what I meant, not whey or other protein powder.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    The egg muffins is a good idea - maybe eating the eggs plain was the problem. I definately will try that. I would love to feed my kids before they go to daycare - they eat an aweful SAD there. I thought also that I could do bacon burgers (no cheese) wrapped in lettuce - which I love - but I would need like 8 - 9oz of beef to get 50g.
    yup our kids get SAD at dcp - but Its 1 meal... we focus really hard to get the protein/fat combos in... its funny dd is now telling the other kids at dcp you need to eat protein and fat to get guns like me (Imagine a 3yo show you her gun show!) Its been 2months since we moved the kiddos to eating this way and even w/the SAD at dcp - the kids are responding well to the food and the choices...

heck make up some heroin wings the night before and have some of those w/bkfst! We're having some for dinner... made them last night so dinner would be ezpz

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Heroin wings are da bomb!!
    Georgette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast