Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Making steak tonight need... page 2

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Garlic butter is great. So is horseradish mayo. Lots of spices make good rubs (chili powders especially). This time of year grilled veggies such as yellow summer squash or zucchini with onions are a great side.
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

mamaparks is offline Member
    We have steak once a week in our house. We serve it with okra and eggs. To make the steak I just season it and put it on the foreman. The okra is cooked in butter, salt and pepper, and then the eggs are cooked last. As long as you season your steak and don't overcook it, it's kind of hard to mess up.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Thanks all for the fabulous ideas!!

Mike- your such a caveman..LOL

the ending result was I put the steak in a pan with butter, thick sliced mushrooms and onions, sprinkled with Mrs Dash garlic and Herb and baked the sucker for 30 min. It was PERFECT.

In the end, I used a combination of suggestions here- you all are rock stars!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Kaytee is offline Junior Member
    I have never baked steak, but it sounds like a great idea. Was your steak rare, medium, or done after the thirty minutes?

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    If you have a Hispanic market near you buy either a bottle of Mojo Criollo or make your own. Make your own with bitter orange, olive oil, a bit of water, oregano, garlic, onion powder and a dash of cumin. I add a pinch of sugar as well, but you can skip it. Marinate for an hour or so. I just discovered flat iron steaks, which I marinate in it, throw on the grill for 5 minutes each side then slice really thin and eat on a bed of lettuce with sour cream and salsa. OMG, brilliant!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytee View Post
    I have never baked steak, but it sounds like a great idea. Was your steak rare, medium, or done after the thirty minutes?
    I was soo tired, I baked it because I was lazy. Actually turned out SO TENDER!! It was medium when done.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    steak kebabs
    om nom nom

Neanderthal is offline Member
    My favorite is to either grill the steaks on a charcoal grill or cook them stove top in a cast iron skillet. No salt, fresh-ground black pepper to taste, and cook to rare. Top with onions & mushrooms caramelized in butter, ghee, or olive oil & that's it.
    Another favorite is cook the steak the same, then cover it with homemade au jus. I eat a lot of prime rib & make my own au jus from the drippings. I freeze the leftover gravy & usually have some with my "regular" steaks.

One tip on homemade au jus... after carving the meat pour the blood from the carving plate back into the au jus- it really sets off the flavor.
    NOTE: If there's no blood on the carving plate you have destroyed the meat. Give it to the dog, stay away from the meat counter, and make an appointment with a mental health care provider as soon as possible.

Neanderthal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    steak kebabs
    om nom nom

Those just look awesome!

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    If you eat dairy, blue cheese crumbles are amazing on steak. Avocado and diced tomato or salsa is also quite tasty. You can slice the steak and eat them as tacos or fajitas in lettuce cups, add your favorite tacos toppings.
    I know I'm a bit late to the party, but whipping some butter and blue cheese together in a food processor makes an awesome steak topping. It softens the blue cheese up a bit and the whole thing is more melty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast