Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leptin Reset Weight Question page

HeatherH is offline Member

Leptin Reset Weight Question

Shop Now
    I am on day 14 of the LR. I am on Day 21 of being 100% primal. The first 10 days I lost about 9lbs. Now I'm not losing. Do women usually lose on the LR or does that come later? I know I have weight to lose, not just leaning out and toning up. I would like to see the scale go down and my clothes to be too big... do I just need to be patient? Thanks!
    *Yes, I'm eating 50g protein at breakfast 30 mins after waking, lunch and dinner. No snacks. Under 50g crabs/day.
    Heather - 28yrs - Mom to 4 kiddos

SW - 188 - Aug 25th, 2011
    CW - 161 - Jan 26th, 2012 (5 months in)
    GW - 135ish

Blog - http://paleo4pcos.blogspot.com/

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Heather, most women do not lose on the reset until the are leptin sensitive. Probably what you experience was the inital water weight drop that most people experience when first starting primal. Most of us that have started the reset were already primal to begin with so there wasn't a major initial weight drop. I am a woman and oddly enough have maintained a 2 lb loss per week since starting the reset. Just give it time and stay the course.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    the 9 lbs you lost in the first week was very likely water weight. that is very normal. As for the leptin reset, Dr Kruse has mentioned that women will lose weight at a much slower rate then men while doing a reset, if they lose weight at all, however once you become LS youll see the weight start to come off. just keep at it and it will start to work soon
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I have just started the LR, so can't tell you about my experience. I have read about women who lost, who stayed the same, and even some who gained (I cannot imagine how that is even possible). Anyway there are 2 (at least) LR threads you could go on one of those and ask.http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33278.html

I like this one, it seems more manageable, and the people on it are very encouraging. Good Luck
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

I really wish I could understand what caused me to lose more fat and at the rate I did on the reset, but hell, I'll take what I can get. Now, I'm probably at a stand still as I ate some bad things over the weekend and am fighting off a cold/sinus infection. Hopefully I can get back on track soon.

yeah I wish you could figure it out (and pass it on) as well. I haven't been on a scale or measured, and only been doing it since the 5th, so not even 2 weeks, and since I wear losts of dresses my clothes are not good indicators, I will just wait and see what I see on the 1st.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

Ummmmya is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
    I am on day 14 of the LR. I am on Day 21 of being 100% primal. The first 10 days I lost about 9lbs. Now I'm not losing. Do women usually lose on the LR or does that come later? I know I have weight to lose, not just leaning out and toning up. I would like to see the scale go down and my clothes to be too big... do I just need to be patient? Thanks!
    *Yes, I'm eating 50g protein at breakfast 30 mins after waking, lunch and dinner. No snacks. Under 50g crabs/day.
    Hi Heather. I was steadily losing weight when I started leptin reset, and for the first 3 weeks or so, I gained. It was a little unnerving. But apparently it's very common, and doesn't mean it's not working. It has something to do with your hypothalamus adjusting...you want this. Stick with it.

EGAD, glad I swore off the scale for the month then! a gain would definitely be unnerving. But I have committed myself until my birthday 11/11, so basically 8 weeks total.
    Chris
    Unknown

HeatherH is offline Member
    So how do you know when you're "reset"? I no longer have cravings, my blood sugar doesn't get high or low, I could easily skip lunch or dinner. How long does it take? I do still have a headache almost everyday, maybe from lack of carbs? What am I looking for in the coming weeks?
    Heather - 28yrs - Mom to 4 kiddos

SW - 188 - Aug 25th, 2011
    CW - 161 - Jan 26th, 2012 (5 months in)
    GW - 135ish

Blog - http://paleo4pcos.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
    So how do you know when you're "reset"? I no longer have cravings, my blood sugar doesn't get high or low, I could easily skip lunch or dinner. How long does it take? I do still have a headache almost everyday, maybe from lack of carbs? What am I looking for in the coming weeks?
    Heather, with you being PCOS, Dr. K said it is ok to take a spoonful of coconut oil to help with headaches and with any energy dips that us PCOSers have. Coconut oil doesn't cause any insulin spikes so while it is considered a snack for anyone else doing the reset, for PCOSers, its normal protocol. Coconut oil really helped me out.

You want to look for things like sleeping straight through the night, sex drive increasing, sweating easily after a short walk, getting warm after eating and kicking the covers off at night because you are warm, being able to go longer through meals and hunger signals returning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast