Thread: Nearly 50 Years Old and Feel Terrific page

Singingfun Guest

Shop Now

It has been exactly one week of 100% compliance to PB, as far as eating goes. All I can say is WOW.

I've already dropped 10 lbs but that is only a nice added extra. For the first time in my life I am not experiencing the fluctuations in my hunger and energy.

I weigh 210 lbs but 5 years ago I weighed 327, so I've come a long way. I lost my weight with Weight Watchers but have not been able to stick with the high carb way of eating without going off on regular binges.

I finally feel like I have the key to success, not just for weight loss, but also for feeling really good.

I just know the rest of my weight is going to come right off. It may take a year; it may take longer. In the meantime, I feel so good, that I have no problem saying this is a new way of life for me. I am never going back to my sugar-laden diet. It's not worth losing the great way I'm feeling.

I want to offer encouragement to anyone else who is middle age (possibly dealing with menopause), and obese - don't give up. It is possible. I never knew almost 50 could feel so energetic.

stevew2023 is offline Junior Member

Hi Singingfun,

Great to hear since I will be 49 next month and am on day-2 of eating primal.

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

Hello, Singinfun! Congrats on your first week. Ten pounds? That's amazing and must be very encouraging. I'm 54, even though I don't look that old in my photo. LOL!

Ika
    Ika is offline Member

Hi there! I recognize your picture from facebook! Glad to hear you are feeling great! The other day I was just thinking about how I used to have no energy and would have to eat Tums constantly becuase I was always nauseous for some reason...not anymore!!! I hope I feel as energetic as you all do when I'm your age (im 24 now)! btw, I wouldn't have guessed you were anywhere NEAR 50, singingfun! I was thinking maybe like 30's!

My etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrthForged
    *hand-carved wood and bone jewelry*

Singingfun Guest

Ha ha. Thanks for the compliment. I go out swing dancing at least once a week. I also ride my bike 14 miles several times a week - although it's too cold for that right now. I lost so many years of my life with my obesity that I'm really enjoying my newfound energy.

I wish I made these changes when I was your age!!!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

awesome!