Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I did something bad and now im paying for it page 3

dado Guest
    Primal Fuel
    != is not a lol-emoticon type inequality sign. It's fairly standard and should be recognizable to anyone that has taken a basic programming class in high school or college.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    != is not a lol-emoticon type inequality sign. It's fairly standard and should be recognizable to anyone that has taken a basic programming class in high school or college.
    Well then I must be an ijit because I never took either. It's just easier if people would just type out what they are trying to say.
    Georgette

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Well then I must be an ijit because I never took either. It's just easier if people would just type out what they are trying to say.
    Well even if you didn't take it, it's pretty straight forward. It's not a stretch for the mind to understand that != means not equal, especially given the context of the post.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    ^None of this is relevant, let's get back on topic. I don't think it's straight forward in the least. ! makes me think of factorials or expression, so why on earth would it suddenly mean "not"?

For the record, I usually see =/= to indicate "not equal to" on the internet, as one would draw an equal sign with a slash through it. Everybody needs to be a little more open minded and stop getting so defensive!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    i just thought he made a typo and meant to type Grains! + sugar! = UNhealthy carbs

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    Well even if you didn't take it, it's pretty straight forward. It's not a stretch for the mind to understand that != means not equal, especially given the context of the post.
    Er yeah, I'm 35 and I don't have my IT geek to creative arts dictionary out. Sorry. Back to topic.

Like I said, just say 20 Hail Groks and eat a steak. Getting back on track is all you can do.
    Georgette

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    yeah i guess i will have to. i know that starchy carbs are recommended but didnt know why other then they arent as unhealthy as unstarchy carbs. pizza and doughnuts obviously werent good choices but i was under the impression it was "teh carbs" that were important, not how you obtained them. i figured if i was going to eat carbs might as well be something i enjoyed
    I always get achy and grumpy after eating wheat. Pain is a good motivator to avoid the cause. Grain is a carb but it is a BAD carb. Root veggies are good carbs.

Paleobirdy is offline Senior Member
    Well, I must have been sick that day the new math rule was covered. I missed it, but recognized the post as so over-the-top as to elevate it to joke status. Or were you just quoting some ADA?

Cin
    Cin is offline Member
    So did the same thing a few weeks ago, Mike. I had two beers and an ice cream on a Friday night awhile back, and I paid for it for three days (I am a 5'2" girl, so that's a lot of carbs for a small body.) I had all your symptoms, plus stomach upset and diarrhea. Ugh....

Back on the wagon!

prodistat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnk View Post
    I suspect it's because there is no "equal with a slash through it" character. :-)
    Sugar ≠ healthy

Unicode for the win!
    Prodistat
    Poke it quickly, with a stick.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast