Thread: Girl Goes Primal, Finally! Primal Journal (ClemGrad) page

clemgrad is offline Junior Member

Girl Goes Primal, Finally! Primal Journal (ClemGrad)

Shop Now
    Ok, here's the history- DH learned all about primal this time last year but I was still a lost soul and didn't buy into any of it (I know, I know...just keep reading). So he did it by himself (with really no help from me) for a little over a month and felt better than ever. He's tall and slim by nature but has lots of allergies and minor ailments that seemed to get significantly better while he was eating primally. I noticed this and started doing my own research and reading MDA & other primal/paleo sites. I'm a skeptic by nature so it took reading A LOT of research and reviews but the light finally came on and I get it. So here I am.
    A little about me- I'm a wife, mother, full time employee and parttime grad student. I'm also southern and love to cook (imagine that). I've battled being overweight my whole life and I just don't want to end up like the rest of my family (mom & aunt had Gastric bypass, 2 uncles 100+ lbs overweight). More than anything though I want to set a good example for my kids and teach them how to make healthy decisions, in all aspects of their lives.
    So now DH and I are doing the challenge together and I can't thank him enough for being supportive of me, even when I wasn't supoortive of him last year. Thanks, Love.

Day 1:

B- 2 strips bacon, H2O
    S- ~1oz mixed pecans, walnuts, almonds
    L- BAS w/ London Broil, grilled onions, cucumber, mushroom, grape tomatoes, EVOO & balsamic vinegar
    D- Hibachi steak & chicken; grilled brocolli, onions, zuchinni & mushrooms

Activity & Other- 40 min spin class during lunch, sat in the sun outside my office for 15 min afternoon break

Day 2: (Tuesday)

B- 2 strips bacon, H2O
    L- BAS w/ London Broil, grilled onions, cucumber, mushroom, grape tomatoes, EVOO & balsamic vinegar
    D- Meatza w/ pepperoni, mushrooms, black olives & fresh grated Parm; 6 Jalapeno poppers (1/2 Jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese & wrapped in bacon)
    S- 2 small squares Firecracker Chocolate (TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL)

Activity & Other- 20 min cardio/20 min pilates class during lunch, sat in the sun for 15 min for afternoon break

Note to self- spend time on Sunday preparing meals for the week, at least main dishes.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I see a lot of snacking in there. Is it boredom or hunger?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Hmmm, maybe a little of both. I need to do a better job of getting up early enough to make some breakfast, maybe an omlette that I can take with me to work. I think that will help curb some of it. The chocolate was pure curiosity; I'd never had it before.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I had trouble getting up early enough for breakfast. Bacon is a treat for me, since I just feel like it's wrong to have it too often, but I made myself bacon and eggs for the first several weeks just to ensure that I'd get up early enough in the morning I also just generally have issues waking up early, but that's me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).