Thread: The sound of electronic rodent repellent devices. So loud! page

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

The sound of electronic rodent repellent devices. So loud!

Why does no company admit that people can hear these? They sound like old TV tubes on steroids. Or the sound of a camera's flash charging up. The ones that pulsate are the worst! And there's no indication that these devices can be heard by people. What gives?!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    It's like that obnoxious cell phone "silent" ringtone. Supposedly only people under 25 can hear them, unless they've been very careful about preventing hearing loss. It's a frequency that is fairly high up, and one of the first to go for most people. Congratulations, you have excellent hearing! I do too, those things drive me nuts. Costco has one to keep birds out.

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
    It's like that obnoxious cell phone "silent" ringtone. Supposedly only people under 25 can hear them, unless they've been very careful about preventing hearing loss. It's a frequency that is fairly high up, and one of the first to go for most people. Congratulations, you have excellent hearing! I do too, those things drive me nuts. Costco has one to keep birds out.
    Heee hee! They should advertise that they can keep out vermin AND teenagers. (Except I am 35 and can still hear them.)