Thread: Ikea food products page

ukmase is offline Junior Member

Ikea food products

I wondered if anyone could give a primal angle on the following Ikea food products.
    Meatballs
    Saft Lingon (Juice cordial)
    Sylt Lingon (berries preserve)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    All you need to do is look at the ingredients. If there's any kind of preservative or wheat product, it's not primal. The ingredients should be few and "whole" (natural, minimally processed, whatever).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    All you need to do is look at the ingredients. If there's any kind of preservative or wheat product, it's not primal. The ingredients should be few and "whole" (natural, minimally processed, whatever).
    I believe the poster is talking about the food that is served at Ikea, they typically have a little cafe area for shoppers.

Who knows how they make the meatballs or what's in them, but they do taste awesome. I haven't had the otehr things, but I imagine the fruit preserve thing is entirely too sweet and could be done without. That being said, do you work at Ikea? if not, and you don't go there all the time... eat up man. I consider that 'ethnic eating' and all rules are off when I'm eating ethnic food. (for instance: Indian, I'll take all the anti-nutrients I can get, thankyouverymuch)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Aaahh I've only been to an Ikea twice, so I didn't think of that. They should have nutritional fact booklets available if you ask, for whatever they're serving. Just like any other restaurant!

Most meatballs have gluten in them, from what I've read on the labels, but yeah, they are friggin' delicious.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

kiss is offline Senior Member
    IKEA Food | Nutrition Information - IKEA

The above is a nutrition information chart from the Ikea website. Unfortunately, it doesn't list ingredients. Back in my SAD days, I would go to Ikea just for lunch. Love the Swedish meatball meal with lingonberries and mashed potatoes and cream sauce.
    kiss = keep it simple, sister!

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    I know that you can purchase most of their foods at the store. My wife has purchased a frozen bag of the meatballs and the preserves before. I don't remember the exact nutritional data and ingredient list, but it was enough for me to pass on the preserves and just eat the meatballs on rare occasions.

I bet with a little digging online you could find the exact nutritional information.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

ukmase is offline Junior Member
    The products were bought from Ikea food shop but they dont have the usual info of calories, carbs etc listed on the packets. Maybe its a Swedish thing ?

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've looked at the ingredients on the meatballs previously -- they contain wheat. I was sad... (wheat for me == asthma attacks). They are SO tasty, though. :-(
    Life is short: Void the warranty.